Topic: Qualities of a good math teacher
Replies: 1   Last Post: Dec 3, 2004 11:08 PM

Kris C.

Re: Qualities of a good math teacher

Janet Jenkins <jajenkin@uncc.edu> wrote in message

> There are many research studies about this topic and that is where I
> would suggest you look first. Everyone has an opinion based on their
> personal experiences, but these may not be supported by research that
> is based on sound methodology. You should be able to search ERIC
> through your university library and will find an abundance of
> resources available on this topic there.

I agree that reviewing research may be helpful, but there is research
that supports just about everything and anything. Be careful to make
sure that the articles you read are trustworthy. Sometimes good common
sense and experience are the best sources of information. I would
suggest that you read good research articles, but also talk to
successful teachers.

Kris

newsgroup website: <a href="http://www.thinkspot.net/k12math/">http://www.thinkspot.net/k12math/</a>
newsgroup charter: <a href="http://www.thinkspot.net/k12math/charter.html">http://www.thinkspot.net/k12math/charter.html</a>