Topic: U.S.math students compared to others.
Replies: 3   Last Post: Nov 29, 2004 3:37 PM

Kevin Karplus

Re: U.S.math students compared to others.

In article <21dkq09hdut2pl92aoaq93hc4oqmgdj57a@4ax.com>, cindy wrote:
> My name is Cindy, and I am a student at Delta College. I have to do
> an interaction project on the internet for my Intermediate Algebra
> class. I was wondering how American students do on mathmatic scores
> compared to students in other parts of the world.

What does "an interaction project on the internet" have to do with
Intermediate Algebra? What is Delta College teaching?

The information you are looking for is probably TIMMS
(Trends in International Mathematics and Science Study)

Kevin Karplus karplus@soe.ucsc.edu <a href="http://www.soe.ucsc.edu/~karplus">http://www.soe.ucsc.edu/~karplus</a>
Senior member, IEEE Board of Directors, ISCB (starting Jan 2005)
Affiliations for identification only.

newsgroup website: <a href="http://www.thinkspot.net/k12math/">http://www.thinkspot.net/k12math/</a>
newsgroup charter: <a href="http://www.thinkspot.net/k12math/charter.html">http://www.thinkspot.net/k12math/charter.html</a>