Topic: Give me a hint here....
Replies: 2   Last Post: Jan 21, 2005 3:12 PM

Jeffrey Turner

Re: Give me a hint here....

The Question wrote:

> I need a little (okay...maybe alot) of help with the following
> problem....
> I am NOT looking for the answer...BUT I am looking for a clue on
> where to start....
> The question is.......
> The mayor is planning a new park for the community. The park
> will be rectangular in shape and the dimensions will be 500 feet in
> legth and 400 feet in width.
> (This part of the question is easy to understand...until I
> get to the next part.....)
> A scale drawing is to be made so that 1/2 inch represents 25
> feet. What will be the dimensions of the scale drawing?
> (Like I said, I'm NOT looking for the answer...I just need
> some guidance as to what to do with the 1/2 inch that represents 25
> feet....along with the basic rules of this problem. Thanks.)

If 1/2 inch represents 25 feet then how many inches would
represent 100 feet?

It is only those who have neither
fired a shot nor heard the shrieks
and groans of the wounded who cry
aloud for blood, more vengeance, more
desolation. War is hell.
--William Tecumseh Sherman

In war, there are no unwounded soldiers.
--Jose Narosky

The urge to save humanity is almost
always a false front for the urge to
--H.L. Mencken