Topic: Need help figuring out a pattern
Replies: 2   Last Post: Jan 22, 2005 10:10 PM

Jeffrey Turner

Re: Need help figuring out a pattern

Mary Shevock wrote:

> The pattern is
>
> 127, 863 12, 789 _______ 135 18
>
> This is exactly how the problem is presented to me.
>
> I am racking my brain to figure out the way of the pattern. If any
> math whiz out there can give me insight, thanks a million. I have
> been given the answer to the underline: 1287, but for the life of me,
> I cannot find out why! The commas and spaces are throwing me off!
>
> Thanks so much!
>
> Mary
> in Pittsburgh, PA

The problem is the spaces after the commas, they should not be
there. Then just split the rightmost digit off each number and
add it to the rest.

--Jeff

--
It is only those who have neither
fired a shot nor heard the shrieks

In war, there are no unwounded soldiers.
--Jose Narosky

The urge to save humanity is almost
always a false front for the urge to
rule.