Topic: SAT problem
Replies: 3   Last Post: Feb 11, 2005 4:03 PM

Bob

Re: SAT problem

On Mon, 24 Jan 2005 20:05:24 GMT, Tony <goweb@adelphia.net> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I'm reviewing some SAT problem and am mind blocked on this problem:
>
>If n 1 n 5
> _____ . ___ . _____ = ___
> n - 1 n n + 1 k
>
>for positive integers n and k, what is the value of k?

You may notice right off that n cannot be 1, because of the n-1 in the
denominator.

But more importantly, mote that you can cancel an n, top & bot, on the
left. Rewrite what is left. That should be a big clue.

bob

>A) 1
>B) 5
>C) 24
>D) 25
>E) 26
>
>I have the answer, but can't find the method.

Date Subject Author
1/25/05
Read Re: SAT problem
Bob