Topic: Problem with Cantor's diagonal argument
Replies: 65   Last Post: Mar 4, 2002 1:36 PM

mareg@mimosa.csv.warwick.ac.uk

Re: Problem with Cantor's diagonal argument

In article <cca46c2a.0202132029.52742035@posting.google.com>,
aviles94@email.msn.com (Henry) writes:

> In an alternate but related topic, I think it is absurd to talk
>about an infinite being larger than another. That just does not make
>sense at all. Infinity doesn't have an end so:
>
> Inf + Inf = Inf
> Inf * Inf = Inf and so on.
>

> Any comments are welcome

I think it is absurd (and also arrogant) to take one brief look at something
which you know nothing about, and then to call it absurd. But you are by
no means alone in doing that!

Derek Holt.

Date Subject Author
2/13/02
Read Problem with Cantor's diagonal argument
Henry
2/13/02
Read Re: Problem with Cantor's diagonal argument
Andy Berget
2/14/02
Read Re: Problem with Cantor's diagonal argument
Mike Oliver
2/14/02
Read Re: Problem with Cantor's diagonal argument
Doug Norris
2/14/02
Read Re: Problem with Cantor's diagonal argument
Keith Keller
2/14/02
Read Re: Problem with Cantor's diagonal argument
Dudley Brooks
2/14/02
Read Re: Problem with Cantor's diagonal argument
Mike Oliver
2/14/02
Read Re: Problem with Cantor's diagonal argument
Dudley Brooks
2/14/02
Read Re: Problem with Cantor's diagonal argument
Dave Seaman
2/14/02
Read Re: Problem with Cantor's diagonal argument
Dudley Brooks
2/14/02
Read Re: Problem with Cantor's diagonal argument
Dave Seaman
2/14/02
Read Re: Problem with Cantor's diagonal argument
Dudley Brooks
2/14/02
Read Re: Problem with Cantor's diagonal argument
Bob Kolker
2/14/02
Read Re: Problem with Cantor's diagonal argument
Dave Seaman
2/14/02
Read Re: Problem with Cantor's diagonal argument
Seth Dutter
2/14/02
Read Re: Problem with Cantor's diagonal argument
mareg@mimosa.csv.warwick.ac.uk
2/14/02
Read Re: Problem with Cantor's diagonal argument
Nico Benschop
2/14/02
Read Re: Problem with Cantor's diagonal argument
mareg@mimosa.csv.warwick.ac.uk
2/14/02
Read Re: Problem with Cantor's diagonal argument
Willondon
2/14/02
Read Re: Problem with Cantor's diagonal argument
Henry
2/14/02
Read Re: Problem with Cantor's diagonal argument
magidin@math.berkeley.edu
2/15/02
Read Re: Problem with Cantor's diagonal argument
Doug Magnoli
2/14/02
Read Re: Problem with Cantor's diagonal argument
mareg@mimosa.csv.warwick.ac.uk
2/14/02
Read Re: Problem with Cantor's diagonal argument
Dudley Brooks
2/14/02
Read Re: Problem with Cantor's diagonal argument
Nico Benschop
2/15/02
Read Re: Problem with Cantor's diagonal argument (re finite case)
Nico Benschop
2/15/02
Read cancel <3C6CD566.97EA8F20@chello.nl>
Nico Benschop
2/15/02
Read Re: Problem with Cantor's diagonal argument
Nico Benschop
2/14/02
Read Re: Problem with Cantor's diagonal argument
Dave Seaman
2/14/02
Read Re: Problem with Cantor's diagonal argument
Herman Jurjus
2/14/02
Read Re: Problem with Cantor's diagonal argument
Dave Seaman
2/15/02
Read Re: Problem with Cantor's diagonal argument
Jon and Mary Frances Miller
2/15/02
Read Re: Problem with Cantor's diagonal argument
Torkel Franzen
2/15/02
Read Re: Problem with Cantor's diagonal argument
Virgil
2/15/02
Read Re: Problem with Cantor's diagonal argument
Harlan Messinger
2/15/02
Read Re: Problem with Cantor's diagonal argument
Virgil
2/15/02
Read Re: Problem with Cantor's diagonal argument
Harlan Messinger
2/15/02
Read Re: Problem with Cantor's diagonal argument
Virgil
2/18/02
Read Re: Problem with Cantor's diagonal argument
Harlan Messinger
2/18/02
Read Re: Problem with Cantor's diagonal argument
Virgil
2/19/02
Read Re: Problem with Cantor's diagonal argument
Harlan Messinger
2/19/02
Read Re: Problem with Cantor's diagonal argument
Virgil
2/19/02
Read Re: Problem with Cantor's diagonal argument
Dudley Brooks
3/4/02
Read Re: Problem with Cantor's diagonal argument
Alexey Dejneka
3/4/02
Read Re: Problem with Cantor's diagonal argument
Torkel Franzen
3/4/02
Read Re: Problem with Cantor's diagonal argument
Alan Stern
2/16/02
Read Re: Problem with Cantor's diagonal argument
Chip Eastham
2/20/02
Read Re: Problem with Cantor's diagonal argument
SRK
2/14/02
Read Re: Problem with Cantor's diagonal argument
Dale Hurliman
2/14/02
Read Re: Problem with Cantor's diagonal argument
Randy Poe
2/14/02
Read Re: Problem with Cantor's diagonal argument
Henry
2/14/02
Read Re: Problem with Cantor's diagonal argument
Randy Poe
2/14/02
Read Re: Problem with Cantor's diagonal argument
Wade Ramey
2/14/02
Read Re: Problem with Cantor's diagonal argument
nospam@auerbachatunity.ncsu.edu
2/14/02
Read Re: Problem with Cantor's diagonal argument
Dudley Brooks
2/15/02
Read Re: Problem with Cantor's diagonal argument
Chris Menzel
2/15/02
Read Re: Problem with Cantor's diagonal argument
Dudley Brooks
2/14/02
Read Re: Problem with Cantor's diagonal argument
Phil Carmody
2/14/02
Read Re: Problem with Cantor's diagonal argument
Harlan Messinger
2/14/02
Read Re: Problem with Cantor's diagonal argument
Jim Heckman
2/15/02
Read Re: Problem with Cantor's diagonal argument
Randy Poe
2/15/02
Read Re: Problem with Cantor's diagonal argument
LarryLard
2/18/02
Read Re: Problem with Cantor's diagonal argument
Harlan Messinger
2/14/02
Read Re: Problem with Cantor's diagonal argument
George Greene
2/15/02
Read Re: Problem with Cantor's diagonal argument
Duran Castore
2/18/02
Read Re: Problem with Cantor's diagonal argument
Jonathan Hoyle