Topic: Santa Claus problem
Replies: 7   Last Post: Dec 26, 2004 5:28 AM

Gordon Bockus

Re: Santa Claus problem

Both of the other responses give you excellent suggestions. I might
also add to pay close attention that the fractions refer to only his
working life. The first few of my students who tried this problem were
trying to include the first 15 years in the problem instead of add it
on at the end. The ability to add fractions is a real plus to solving
this problem.