Topic: Update Handle structure in TimerFcn
Replies: 19   Last Post: Oct 18, 2013 10:59 AM

Marco

Re: Update Handle structure in TimerFcn

Tim Jacobs wrote:

> Marco wrote:

>> Hi
>>

>> In a GUI, I defined a timer object.
>> When the timer function is called, I change some data in the
>> handles
>> structure.
>> But how do I save the changed handles data before returning

from
>> the
>> timer function?
>>

>> Marco,

> Have you tried the standard function for updating the GUI data?
> For example:
> % Update handles structure
> guidata(hObject, handles);
>
> Tim

The standaard guidata(hObject, handles) doesn't work. Timer Object
can not handle with this.

I can read the handle structure in a timer Object but I can't write
the back. I've tried to use guidata(gcf, handles) but it doesn't
work. (a timer Object can only handle with figures).
Thanks for your comment.

Suggestions are welcome!

Marco