Topic: Calculating averag but leaving highest and lowest number out ?
Replies: 4   Last Post: Apr 19, 2005 12:18 PM

hihihi

Re: Calculating averag but leaving highest and lowest number out ?

mwelinder@gmail.com wrote:

> Gnumeric's TRIMMEAN most certainly sorts. The example from the
> beginning
> of this thread yields 3.333... as expected.

Thats what i get also.
But with my actual 6 numbers it goes wrong.

21.5
20.2
22.8
20.7
22.5
29.9

I can't see what i did wrong.
Here is a small example
http://home.wanadoo.nl/hihihi/temp/gnumeric-trimmean-perhaps-bug.gnumeric

--
Ever heard about "global dimming" ? It can mess up your future.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sn/tvradio/programmes/horizon/dimming_trans.shtml