Topic: Question on Matrix Representations as Linear Transformations
Replies: 4   Last Post: Apr 25, 2005 4:14 PM

verygoodmusic@gmail.com

Re: Question on Matrix Representations as Linear Transformations

Thanks a lot.

I am just not certain about the technique you used (I think it's
partially do to the notation we have to use on these boards).

Specifically I am not sure how you formed T_A or T_1 (why is T_A =
(5x_1 + 4x_2, 3x_1 + 6x_2, ?, ?)).

If you could elaborate on this process a little further, I'd appreciate
it.

Paul Sperry wrote:
> In article <1114305774.143369.41210@l41g2000cwc.googlegroups.com>,
> <"verygoodmusic@gmail.com"> wrote:
>

> > Let T1: R4 --> R2 and T2: R2 --> R4.
> >
> > If T1(x1, x2, x3, x4) = (x1, x2) and T2(x1, x2) = (x1, x2, 0, 0)

and