Topic: 3D Geometery
Replies: 1   Last Post: Apr 25, 2005 12:16 AM

James Stokes

Re: 3D Geometery

Paul Sperry wrote:
> In article <1114321730.329525.299960@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com>,
> (iii) As constructed by me, l' lies "directly below" l. That is,

every
> point on l' is the minimum distance away from l so, of course, a
point
> on m and on l' is, well, on m and the minimum distance from l.

This is only true if m lies in the plane perpendicular to the plane in
which both l and l' reside. In other words, l must lie parallel to the
plane spanned by l' and m. I just can't seem to put this into one
compact statement. Please help.

Thanks in advance.

James