Topic: Humanistic mathematics (Cantor's Theory)
Replies: 163   Last Post: Jun 20, 2005 1:03 AM

Jesse F. Hughes

Re: Anti-humanistic mathematics was Re: Humanistic mathematics
(Cantor's Theory)

Torkel Franzen <torkel@sm.luth.se> writes:

> "Shmuel (Seymour J.) Metz" <spamtrap@library.lspace.org.invalid> writes:
>

>> More to the point, both "math" and "maths" are slang;
>
> Colloquialisms, but not slang.
>

>> However, as a compromise may I suggest
>> that we call "standard English" the language spoken in Australia?

> I suggest New Zealand!

I suggest Oklahoma! No. Nijmegen! (But only first-language speakers
count.)

--
Jesse F. Hughes
"All Chinese are Confucianists when successful, and Taoists when they

Date Subject Author
6/13/05
Read Humanistic mathematics (Cantor's Theory)
David Petry
6/13/05
Read Re: Humanistic mathematics (Cantor's Theory)
Nathan
6/14/05
Read Re: Humanistic mathematics (Cantor's Theory)
Barb Knox
6/14/05
Read Re: Humanistic mathematics (Cantor's Theory)
Dr. David Kirkby
6/14/05
Read Re: Humanistic mathematics (Cantor's Theory)
Robert Low
6/14/05
Read Re: Humanistic mathematics (Cantor's Theory)
Gottfried Helms
6/14/05
Read Re: Humanistic mathematics (Cantor's Theory)
Dr. David Kirkby
6/14/05
Read Re: Humanistic mathematics (Cantor's Theory)
Gottfried Helms
6/14/05
Read Re: Humanistic mathematics (Cantor's Theory)
Matt Gutting
6/14/05
Read Re: Humanistic mathematics (Cantor's Theory)
Gottfried Helms
6/14/05
Read Re: Humanistic mathematics (Cantor's Theory)
Matt Gutting
6/14/05
Read Re: Humanistic mathematics (Cantor's Theory)
Nathan
6/14/05
Read Re: Humanistic mathematics (Cantor's Theory)
Han de Bruijn
6/14/05
Read Re: Humanistic mathematics (Cantor's Theory)
Dr. David Kirkby
6/14/05
Read Re: Humanistic mathematics (Cantor's Theory)
Han de Bruijn
6/14/05
Read Re: Humanistic mathematics (Cantor's Theory)
Denis Feldmann
6/14/05
Read Re: Humanistic mathematics (Cantor's Theory)
Han de Bruijn
6/17/05
Read Re: Humanistic mathematics (Cantor's Theory)
Keith Ramsay
6/17/05
Read Re: Humanistic mathematics (Cantor's Theory)
Denis Feldmann
6/19/05
Read Re: Humanistic mathematics (Cantor's Theory)
Keith Ramsay
6/14/05
Read Anti-humanistic mathematics was Re: Humanistic mathematics (Cantor's Theory)
Robin Chapman
6/14/05
Read Re: Anti-humanistic mathematics was Re: Humanistic mathematics (Cantor's Theory)
Victor Eijkhout
6/15/05
[...]
Torkel Franzen
6/15/05
[...]
Read Grammar was Re: Anti-humanistic mathematics
Matt Gutting
6/15/05
Read Re: Anti-humanistic mathematics was Re: Humanistic mathematics
(Cantor's Theory)
Jesse F. Hughes
6/15/05
Read Re: Anti-humanistic mathematics was Re: Humanistic mathematics (Cantor's Theory)
Torkel Franzen
6/15/05
Read Re: Anti-humanistic mathematics was Re: Humanistic mathematics (Cantor's Theory)
Randy Poe
6/15/05
Read Re: Anti-humanistic mathematics was Re: Humanistic mathematics (Cantor's Theory)
Torkel Franzen
6/15/05
Read Re: Anti-humanistic mathematics was Re: Humanistic mathematics (Cantor's Theory)
stephen@nomail.com
6/15/05
Read Re: Anti-humanistic mathematics was Re: Humanistic mathematics (Cantor's Theory)
Robin Chapman
6/15/05
Read Re: Anti-humanistic mathematics was Re: Humanistic mathematics (Cantor's Theory)
Torkel Franzen
6/15/05
Read Re: Anti-humanistic mathematics was Re: Humanistic mathematics (Cantor's Theory)
Robin Chapman
6/15/05
Read Re: Anti-humanistic mathematics was Re: Humanistic mathematics (Cantor's Theory)
Clifford J. Nelson
6/15/05
[...]
Read Franzen's babbling
Robin Chapman
6/15/05
Read Re: Franzen's babbling
Torkel Franzen
6/15/05
Read Re: Franzen's babbling
Robin Chapman
6/15/05
Read Re: Franzen's babbling
Torkel Franzen
6/15/05
Read Franzen's religious babbling was Re: Franzen's babbling
Robin Chapman
6/15/05
Read Re: Franzen's religious babbling was Re: Franzen's babbling
Torkel Franzen
6/15/05
Read Re: Anti-humanistic mathematics was Re: Humanistic mathematics (Cantor's Theory)
Chan-Ho Suh
6/15/05
Read Re: Anti-humanistic mathematics was Re: Humanistic mathematics (Cantor's Theory)
Lee Rudolph
6/15/05
[...]
Daniel Ryan
6/16/05
Read Re: Anti-humanistic mathematics was Re: Humanistic mathematics (Cantor's Theory)
Russell Blackadar
6/16/05
Read Re: Anti-humanistic mathematics was Re: Humanistic mathematics (Cantor's Theory)
Shmuel (Seymour J.) Metz
6/16/05
Read Re: Anti-humanistic mathematics was Re: Humanistic mathematics (Cantor's Theory)
Torkel Franzen
6/16/05
Read Re: Anti-humanistic mathematics was Re: Humanistic mathematics
(Cantor's Theory)
Jesse F. Hughes
6/15/05
Read British English (was: Anti-humanistic mathematics
G. A. Edgar
6/15/05
Read Re: British English (was: Anti-humanistic mathematics
Robin Chapman
6/15/05
Read Re: British English (was: Anti-humanistic mathematics
Dave Rusin
6/17/05
Read Re: British English (was: Anti-humanistic mathematics
Keith Ramsay
6/15/05
Read Re: British English (was: Anti-humanistic mathematics
Virgil
6/15/05
Read Re: British English (was: Anti-humanistic mathematics
Jim Sprigs
6/15/05
Read Re: British English (was: Anti-humanistic mathematics
Gerry Myerson
6/17/05
Read Re: Anti-humanistic mathematics was Re: Humanistic mathematics (Cantor's Theory)
Jeremy Boden
6/17/05
Read Re: Anti-humanistic mathematics was Re: Humanistic mathematics (Cantor's Theory)
Torkel Franzen
6/17/05
Read Re: Anti-humanistic mathematics was Re: Humanistic mathematics (Cantor's Theory)
Jeremy Boden
6/17/05
Read Re: Anti-humanistic mathematics was Re: Humanistic mathematics (Cantor's Theory)
Torkel Franzen
6/17/05
Read Re: Anti-humanistic mathematics was Re: Humanistic mathematics (Cantor's Theory)
Daryl McCullough
6/17/05
Read Re: Anti-humanistic mathematics was Re: Humanistic mathematics (Cantor's
Theory)
W. Dale Hall
6/17/05
Read Re: Anti-humanistic mathematics was Re: Humanistic mathematics (Cantor's Theory)
Jeremy Boden
6/17/05
Read Re: Anti-humanistic mathematics was Re: Humanistic mathematics (Cantor's Theory)
Tom Traubert
6/17/05
Read Re: Anti-humanistic mathematics was Re: Humanistic mathematics (Cantor's Theory)
Torkel Franzen
6/18/05
Read Re: Anti-humanistic mathematics was Re: Humanistic mathematics (Cantor's Theory)
Jeremy Boden
6/18/05
Read Re: Anti-humanistic mathematics was Re: Humanistic mathematics (Cantor's Theory)
Torkel Franzen
6/18/05
Read Re: Anti-humanistic mathematics was Re: Humanistic mathematics (Cantor's Theory)
Jeremy Boden
6/18/05
Read Re: Anti-humanistic mathematics was Re: Humanistic mathematics (Cantor's Theory)
Torkel Franzen
6/18/05
Read Re: Anti-humanistic mathematics was Re: Humanistic mathematics (Cantor's Theory)
vkarlamov@yahoo.com
6/18/05
[...]
Richard Tobin
6/16/05
Read Re: Anti-humanistic mathematics was Re: Humanistic mathematics (Cantor's Theory)
Shmuel (Seymour J.) Metz
6/15/05
Read Re: Anti-humanistic mathematics was Re: Humanistic mathematics (Cantor's Theory)
Chan-Ho Suh
6/15/05
Read Re: Anti-humanistic mathematics was Re: Humanistic mathematics (Cantor's Theory)
Dik T. Winter
6/15/05
Read Re: Anti-humanistic mathematics was Re: Humanistic mathematics (Cantor's Theory)
TonyBones
6/15/05
Read Re: Anti-humanistic mathematics was Re: Humanistic mathematics (Cantor's
Theory)
Matt Gutting
6/18/05
Read Re: Anti-humanistic mathematics was Re: Humanistic mathematics (Cantor's Theory)
Darren
6/15/05
Read Re: Anti-humanistic mathematics was Re: Humanistic mathematics (Cantor's
Theory)
Han de Bruijn
6/15/05
Read Re: Anti-humanistic mathematics was Re: Humanistic mathematics (Cantor's Theory)
TonyBones
6/17/05
Read Re: Humanistic mathematics (Cantor's Theory)
Keith Ramsay
6/13/05
Read Re: Humanistic mathematics (Cantor's Theory)
Chris Menzel
6/13/05
Read Re: Humanistic mathematics (Cantor's Theory)
Daryl McCullough
6/14/05
Read Re: Humanistic mathematics (Cantor's Theory)
Han de Bruijn
6/19/05
Read Re: Humanistic mathematics (Cantor's Theory)
jirka@5z.com
6/20/05
Read Re: Humanistic mathematics (Cantor's Theory)
Keith Ramsay
6/14/05
Read Re: Humanistic mathematics (Cantor's Theory)
fishfry
6/14/05
[...]
Starx
6/14/05
Read Re: Humanistic mathematics (Cantor's Theory)
Dr. David Kirkby
6/14/05
Read Re: Humanistic mathematics (Cantor's Theory)
Chan-Ho Suh
6/14/05
Read Re: Humanistic mathematics (Cantor's Theory)
Mark Nudelman
6/14/05
Read Re: Humanistic mathematics (Cantor's Theory)
Poker Joker
6/14/05
[...]
David C. Ullrich
6/14/05
Read Re: Humanistic mathematics (Cantor's Theory)
guenther.vonKnakspott@gmx.de
6/14/05
Read Re: Humanistic mathematics (Cantor's Theory)
Daniel Ryan
6/14/05
Read Re: Humanistic mathematics (Cantor's Theory)
Chas Brown
6/14/05
Read Re: Humanistic mathematics (Cantor's Theory)
Victor Eijkhout
6/14/05
Read Re: Humanistic mathematics (Cantor's Theory)
vkarlamov@yahoo.com
6/15/05
Read Re: Humanistic mathematics (Cantor's Theory)
Daniel Asimov
6/15/05
Read Re: Humanistic mathematics (Cantor's Theory)
Robin Chapman
6/15/05
Read Re: Humanistic mathematics (Cantor's Theory)
Daniel Ryan
6/17/05
Read Re: Humanistic mathematics (Cantor's Theory)
Martin Semerád
6/17/05