Topic: Humanistic mathematics (Cantor's Theory)
Replies: 163   Last Post: Jun 20, 2005 1:03 AM

Jeremy Boden

Re: Anti-humanistic mathematics was Re: Humanistic mathematics (Cantor's Theory)

In message <vcb64wagx1w.fsf@beta19.sm.ltu.se>, Torkel Franzen
<torkel@sm.luth.se> writes
>stevendaryl3016@yahoo.com (Daryl McCullough) writes:
>

>> I wasn't trying to explain what Jeremy Boden meant, I was just
>> trying to give a plausible interpretation to the claim "British
>> English is an oxymoron".

> In context, it wasn't a plausible explanation.

I feel forced to agree with you.

--
Jeremy Boden

Date Subject Author
6/13/05
Read Humanistic mathematics (Cantor's Theory)
David Petry
6/13/05
Read Re: Humanistic mathematics (Cantor's Theory)
Nathan
6/14/05
Read Re: Humanistic mathematics (Cantor's Theory)
Barb Knox
6/14/05
Read Re: Humanistic mathematics (Cantor's Theory)
Dr. David Kirkby
6/14/05
Read Re: Humanistic mathematics (Cantor's Theory)
Robert Low
6/14/05
Read Re: Humanistic mathematics (Cantor's Theory)
Gottfried Helms
6/14/05
Read Re: Humanistic mathematics (Cantor's Theory)
Dr. David Kirkby
6/14/05
Read Re: Humanistic mathematics (Cantor's Theory)
Gottfried Helms
6/14/05
Read Re: Humanistic mathematics (Cantor's Theory)
Matt Gutting
6/14/05
Read Re: Humanistic mathematics (Cantor's Theory)
Gottfried Helms
6/14/05
Read Re: Humanistic mathematics (Cantor's Theory)
Matt Gutting
6/14/05
Read Re: Humanistic mathematics (Cantor's Theory)
Nathan
6/14/05
Read Re: Humanistic mathematics (Cantor's Theory)
Han de Bruijn
6/14/05
Read Re: Humanistic mathematics (Cantor's Theory)
Dr. David Kirkby
6/14/05
Read Re: Humanistic mathematics (Cantor's Theory)
Han de Bruijn
6/14/05
Read Re: Humanistic mathematics (Cantor's Theory)
Denis Feldmann
6/14/05
Read Re: Humanistic mathematics (Cantor's Theory)
Han de Bruijn
6/17/05
Read Re: Humanistic mathematics (Cantor's Theory)
Keith Ramsay
6/17/05
Read Re: Humanistic mathematics (Cantor's Theory)
Denis Feldmann
6/19/05
Read Re: Humanistic mathematics (Cantor's Theory)
Keith Ramsay
6/14/05
Read Anti-humanistic mathematics was Re: Humanistic mathematics (Cantor's Theory)
Robin Chapman
6/14/05
Read Re: Anti-humanistic mathematics was Re: Humanistic mathematics (Cantor's Theory)
Victor Eijkhout
6/15/05
Read Re: Anti-humanistic mathematics was Re: Humanistic mathematics (Cantor's Theory)
Robin Chapman
6/15/05
Read Re: Anti-humanistic mathematics was Re: Humanistic mathematics (Cantor's Theory)
Han de Bruijn
6/15/05
Read Re: Anti-humanistic mathematics was Re: Humanistic mathematics
(Cantor's Theory)
Jesse F. Hughes
6/15/05
Read Re: Anti-humanistic mathematics was Re: Humanistic mathematics (Cantor's
Theory)
Han de Bruijn
6/15/05
Read Re: Anti-humanistic mathematics was Re: Humanistic mathematics
(Cantor's Theory)
Jesse F. Hughes
6/15/05
Read Re: Anti-humanistic mathematics was Re: Humanistic mathematics (Cantor's Theory)
Robin Chapman
6/15/05
Read Re: Anti-humanistic mathematics was Re: Humanistic mathematics (Cantor's Theory)
Torkel Franzen
6/15/05
[...]
Read Grammar was Re: Anti-humanistic mathematics
Matt Gutting
6/15/05
Read Re: Anti-humanistic mathematics was Re: Humanistic mathematics
(Cantor's Theory)
Jesse F. Hughes
6/15/05
Read Re: Anti-humanistic mathematics was Re: Humanistic mathematics (Cantor's Theory)
Torkel Franzen
6/15/05
Read Re: Anti-humanistic mathematics was Re: Humanistic mathematics (Cantor's Theory)
Randy Poe
6/15/05
Read Re: Anti-humanistic mathematics was Re: Humanistic mathematics (Cantor's Theory)
Torkel Franzen
6/15/05
Read Re: Anti-humanistic mathematics was Re: Humanistic mathematics (Cantor's Theory)
stephen@nomail.com
6/15/05
Read Re: Anti-humanistic mathematics was Re: Humanistic mathematics (Cantor's Theory)
Robin Chapman
6/15/05
Read Re: Anti-humanistic mathematics was Re: Humanistic mathematics (Cantor's Theory)
Torkel Franzen
6/15/05
Read Re: Anti-humanistic mathematics was Re: Humanistic mathematics (Cantor's Theory)
Robin Chapman
6/15/05
Read Re: Anti-humanistic mathematics was Re: Humanistic mathematics (Cantor's Theory)
Clifford J. Nelson
6/15/05
[...]
Read Franzen's babbling
Robin Chapman
6/15/05
Read Re: Franzen's babbling
Torkel Franzen
6/15/05
Read Re: Franzen's babbling
Robin Chapman
6/15/05
Read Re: Franzen's babbling
Torkel Franzen
6/15/05
Read Franzen's religious babbling was Re: Franzen's babbling
Robin Chapman
6/15/05
Read Re: Franzen's religious babbling was Re: Franzen's babbling
Torkel Franzen
6/15/05
Read Re: Anti-humanistic mathematics was Re: Humanistic mathematics (Cantor's Theory)
Chan-Ho Suh
6/15/05
Read Re: Anti-humanistic mathematics was Re: Humanistic mathematics (Cantor's Theory)
Lee Rudolph
6/15/05
[...]
Daniel Ryan
6/16/05
Read Re: Anti-humanistic mathematics was Re: Humanistic mathematics (Cantor's Theory)
Russell Blackadar
6/16/05
Read Re: Anti-humanistic mathematics was Re: Humanistic mathematics (Cantor's Theory)
Shmuel (Seymour J.) Metz
6/16/05
Read Re: Anti-humanistic mathematics was Re: Humanistic mathematics (Cantor's Theory)
Torkel Franzen
6/16/05
Read Re: Anti-humanistic mathematics was Re: Humanistic mathematics
(Cantor's Theory)
Jesse F. Hughes
6/15/05
Read British English (was: Anti-humanistic mathematics
G. A. Edgar
6/15/05
Read Re: British English (was: Anti-humanistic mathematics
Robin Chapman
6/15/05
Read Re: British English (was: Anti-humanistic mathematics
Dave Rusin
6/17/05
Read Re: British English (was: Anti-humanistic mathematics
Keith Ramsay
6/15/05
Read Re: British English (was: Anti-humanistic mathematics
Virgil
6/15/05
Read Re: British English (was: Anti-humanistic mathematics
Jim Sprigs
6/15/05
Read Re: British English (was: Anti-humanistic mathematics
Gerry Myerson
6/17/05
Read Re: Anti-humanistic mathematics was Re: Humanistic mathematics (Cantor's Theory)
Jeremy Boden
6/17/05
Read Re: Anti-humanistic mathematics was Re: Humanistic mathematics (Cantor's Theory)
Torkel Franzen
6/17/05
Read Re: Anti-humanistic mathematics was Re: Humanistic mathematics (Cantor's Theory)
Jeremy Boden
6/17/05
Read Re: Anti-humanistic mathematics was Re: Humanistic mathematics (Cantor's Theory)
Torkel Franzen
6/17/05
Read Re: Anti-humanistic mathematics was Re: Humanistic mathematics (Cantor's Theory)
Daryl McCullough
6/17/05
Read Re: Anti-humanistic mathematics was Re: Humanistic mathematics (Cantor's
Theory)
W. Dale Hall
6/17/05
Read Re: Anti-humanistic mathematics was Re: Humanistic mathematics (Cantor's Theory)
Jeremy Boden
6/17/05
Read Re: Anti-humanistic mathematics was Re: Humanistic mathematics (Cantor's Theory)
Tom Traubert
6/17/05
Read Re: Anti-humanistic mathematics was Re: Humanistic mathematics (Cantor's Theory)
Torkel Franzen
6/18/05
Read Re: Anti-humanistic mathematics was Re: Humanistic mathematics (Cantor's Theory)
Jeremy Boden
6/18/05
Read Re: Anti-humanistic mathematics was Re: Humanistic mathematics (Cantor's Theory)
Torkel Franzen
6/18/05
Read Re: Anti-humanistic mathematics was Re: Humanistic mathematics (Cantor's Theory)
Jeremy Boden
6/18/05
Read Re: Anti-humanistic mathematics was Re: Humanistic mathematics (Cantor's Theory)
Torkel Franzen
6/18/05
Read Re: Anti-humanistic mathematics was Re: Humanistic mathematics (Cantor's Theory)
vkarlamov@yahoo.com
6/18/05
[...]
Richard Tobin
6/16/05
Read Re: Anti-humanistic mathematics was Re: Humanistic mathematics (Cantor's Theory)
Shmuel (Seymour J.) Metz
6/15/05
Read Re: Anti-humanistic mathematics was Re: Humanistic mathematics (Cantor's Theory)
Chan-Ho Suh
6/15/05
Read Re: Anti-humanistic mathematics was Re: Humanistic mathematics (Cantor's Theory)
Dik T. Winter
6/15/05
Read Re: Anti-humanistic mathematics was Re: Humanistic mathematics (Cantor's Theory)
TonyBones
6/15/05
Read Re: Anti-humanistic mathematics was Re: Humanistic mathematics (Cantor's
Theory)
Matt Gutting
6/18/05
Read Re: Anti-humanistic mathematics was Re: Humanistic mathematics (Cantor's Theory)
Darren
6/15/05
Read Re: Anti-humanistic mathematics was Re: Humanistic mathematics (Cantor's
Theory)
Han de Bruijn
6/15/05
Read Re: Anti-humanistic mathematics was Re: Humanistic mathematics (Cantor's Theory)
TonyBones
6/17/05
Read Re: Humanistic mathematics (Cantor's Theory)
Keith Ramsay
6/13/05
Read Re: Humanistic mathematics (Cantor's Theory)
Chris Menzel
6/13/05
Read Re: Humanistic mathematics (Cantor's Theory)
Daryl McCullough
6/14/05
Read Re: Humanistic mathematics (Cantor's Theory)
Han de Bruijn
6/19/05
Read Re: Humanistic mathematics (Cantor's Theory)
jirka@5z.com
6/20/05
Read Re: Humanistic mathematics (Cantor's Theory)
Keith Ramsay
6/14/05
Read Re: Humanistic mathematics (Cantor's Theory)
fishfry
6/14/05
[...]
Starx
6/14/05
Read Re: Humanistic mathematics (Cantor's Theory)
Dr. David Kirkby
6/14/05
Read Re: Humanistic mathematics (Cantor's Theory)
Chan-Ho Suh
6/14/05
Read Re: Humanistic mathematics (Cantor's Theory)
Mark Nudelman
6/14/05
Read Re: Humanistic mathematics (Cantor's Theory)
Poker Joker
6/14/05
[...]
David C. Ullrich
6/14/05
Read Re: Humanistic mathematics (Cantor's Theory)
guenther.vonKnakspott@gmx.de
6/14/05
Read Re: Humanistic mathematics (Cantor's Theory)
Daniel Ryan
6/14/05
Read Re: Humanistic mathematics (Cantor's Theory)
Chas Brown
6/14/05
Read Re: Humanistic mathematics (Cantor's Theory)
Victor Eijkhout
6/14/05
Read Re: Humanistic mathematics (Cantor's Theory)
vkarlamov@yahoo.com
6/15/05
Read Re: Humanistic mathematics (Cantor's Theory)
Daniel Asimov
6/15/05
Read Re: Humanistic mathematics (Cantor's Theory)
Robin Chapman
6/15/05
Read Re: Humanistic mathematics (Cantor's Theory)
Daniel Ryan
6/17/05
Read Re: Humanistic mathematics (Cantor's Theory)
Martin Semerád
6/17/05