Replies: 1   Last Post: Jul 18, 2005 12:20 PM

Don Cook

Re: [HM] Babylonian query

Dear Victor,
I'm sorry that I don't have an answer for you, but I'm interested in the
answer of the occurrence of the first quadratic equation and the occurrence
of the first general solution to quadratic equations. I guess that I'm
interested in European solutions, but solutions from Asia, Africa and
MesoAmerica would be very interesting.
Could you post your findings on the list serve?
Peace from an Albany, GA with a rising Flint River that is now 5 feet above
flood stage.
Don