The Math Forum

Topic: Which Polynomial?
Replies: 28   Last Post: Jul 27, 2006 3:13 PM

Wayne Bishop

Re: Which Polynomial?

At 07:19 PM 8/1/2005, Louis A. Talman wrote:

>On Jul 31, 2005, at 8:36 PM, Victor Steinbok wrote:
>

>>This is how examples of good ideas (as I think Kirby's is) end up
>>as required elements of state curricula.

>Ideas, no matter how good, stop being good at some point short of
>being required elements of state curricula. There is no canon.

Except for kids of semi-affluent semi-educated parents who are headed
for a superior score in AP Calculus. Extrapolate to life success.

With that qualification, Lou is correct; for the unwashed masses
there is no canon.

Wayne.