Topic: NCTM materials volunteers are needed
Replies: 2   Last Post: Sep 7, 2005 4:19 PM

ElizWaite@aol.com

Re: NCTM materials volunteers are needed
att1.html (3.9 K)

Beryl,
I can help you for an hour at the booth on Friday. Let me know which hour you want me (but not during the hs level meeting or the what's your question)
Liz Waite

-----Original Message-----
From: Mrs. Beryl Szwed <szwed@northnet.org>
To: nysmathab@mathforum.org; nysmath48@mathforum.org; nysmmn@mathforum.org; nysmhs@mathforum.org; amtnys@mathforum.org; nyscollmath@mathforum.org
Cc: Jim Tate <jtate@albany.k12.ny.us>; Kathleen Johnson <kjbklk@msn.com>; Nancy Zarach <nzarac59@scsd.us>; Sharon Hoosak <SHoosak@nycboe.net>; Sheila Dolgowich <sheiladolgowich@juno.com>; Elvira Scotto-Padavano <escottopadavano@ecsdm.org>; Margaret St. Clair-Coryer <m.coryer@verizon.net>; Sue Castren <mcas@localnet.com>
Sent: Wed, 7 Sep 2005 09:45:55 -0400
Subject: NCTM materials volunteers are needed

Hello, and Happy Beginning of a New School Year!

It's that time again: I am coordinating the volunteers for the NCTM Materials
booth at the AMTNYS Fall Conference in Buffalo.

We are asking each of you to donate just one hour (or more, if you feel like it)
to supervising all the buying that will be done by the registrants as they
visit the booth in the exhibit hall during the conference. Every item they buy
adds to the AMTNYS Scholarship Fund, and, as mathematics teachers, you do know
how to make change (there is really no "hard selling" involved). Plus, you get
the first choice on those cute teddy bears and the newest of games!

The booth will be open during regular exhibit hall hours: noon to 5 PM on
Thursday, November 3th, and 8 AM to 3:00 PM on Friday, November 4th. We'll also
need some extra help on Thursday morning (10 am-noon) for setting up, and on
Friday, from 3-4 pm in packing it up (we don't want to miss the reception--and,
hopefully, it will all be sold and there won't be any packing up!)

So, just email me a message directly (not to the forums, please)
at szwed@northnet.org , with the following information:

your full name (for the program book), your email address (for me to respond),
and the time slots you want (remember, you can stay as long as you
want!). Remember to check the AMTNYS website for information about the
conference.

Thank you so much for your volunteer efforts.

Beryl Szwed
NCTM Materials Chair
AMTNYS Fall, 2005 Conference

Summer Advisory Chair, AMTNYS (See you in Old Westbury!)
NCTM Representative, NYSAMS (Hartford Regional, National at St. Louis)
szwed@northnet.org
(518) 523-3640, ext. 4514

------- End of Forwarded Message