Replies: 2   Last Post: Sep 28, 2005 12:54 PM

Xavier Roque

Re: [HM] poincare and his "inspired" followers

On Sep 17, 2005, at 11:39 AM, venedem wrote:

> Dear All Listers,
> as it is all well known, Einstein largely plagiarised Poincare's "Sur
> la dynamique de l’électron" (C. R., 5 juin 1905, p. 1504-1508).

Any one interested in the relation between Einstein and Poincaré
should have a look at Olivier Darrigol’s recent, concise paper
on this issue: "The Mistery of the Einstein-Poincaré Connection",
Isis, 95 (2004): 614-626. As the journal is widely available and
the paper is full of insights, I will not attempt to summarize it.

Best, Xavier Roqué

Centre d'Estudis d'Història de les Ciències (CEHIC)
Facultat de Ciències
Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona
08193 Bellaterra (Barcelona) Spain