Topic: lorenz curve
Replies: 5   Last Post: May 13, 2013 7:38 AM

Roger Stafford

Re: lorenz curve

In article <ef1c97f.-1@webx.raydaftYaTP>, "jacob muller"
<jacob@muller.com> wrote:

> hello,
>
> does anyone have an script to plot the so-called lorenz curve and to
> compute the gini coefficient?
>
> thanks,
>
> jacob

--------------------
Hello Jacob,

I would like to help you, but it is difficult to envision that
particular curve without feeling a strong sense of outrage at the social
inequities it depicts for so many nations, including our own. At that
point my mathematical objectivity breaks down and I cannot see it in the
coldly abstract terms of cumulative distributions and integration
processes. Instead, haunting visions of the homeless people at the bottom
of that curve whom I have seen scrounging through trash cans for their
next meal come to mind.

(Remove "xyzzy" and ".invalid" to send me email.)
Roger Stafford