Topic: The need for a well rounded education
Replies: 181   Last Post: Jan 11, 2003 3:06 AM

Tom MacIntyre

Re: The need for a well rounded education

On Sun, 22 Dec 2002 23:20:59 GMT, "George"
<someone_else@microsoft.com> wrote:

>Certification in a subject requires less academic hours in that subject than
>is required for a minor. You are certified as an "educator," not a scholar.
>
>Now go out and examine reality instead of making such sweeping unsupported
>statements....

The statement made was that they "do not understand much", not that
they had less exposure time than a minor. Less time does not guarantee
lack of understanding.

Tom

>"Tom MacIntyre" <tom__macintyre@hotmail.com> wrote in message

>> On 21 Dec 2002 17:17:56 -0500, hrubin@odds.stat.purdue.edu (Herman
>> Rubin) wrote:
>>

>> >Most of the current elementary and high school teachers
>> >do not understand much about their subjects.

>> Now there's a broad, sweeping, and unsupportable statement if I ever
>> heard one.
>>
>> Tom

Date Subject Author
12/19/02
Read The need for a well rounded education
James Llort
12/19/02
Read Re: The need for a well rounded education
Tom MacIntyre
12/19/02
Read Re: The need for a well rounded education
Fly-by-Night CC
12/19/02
Read Re: The need for a well rounded education
Yallay
12/19/02
Read Re: The need for a well rounded education
Al Klein
12/19/02
Read Re: The need for a well rounded education
CW
12/19/02
Read Re: The need for a well rounded education
Tolkien Reader
12/19/02
Read Re: The need for a well rounded education
Herman Rubin
12/19/02
Read Re: The need for a well rounded education
raven1
12/19/02
Read Re: The need for a well rounded education
CW
12/20/02
Read Re: The need for a well rounded education
Surendar Jeyadev
12/19/02
Read Re: The need for a well rounded education
Al Klein
12/19/02
Read Re: The need for a well rounded education
Chris Ainslie
12/19/02
Read Re: The need for a well rounded education
Grant P. Beagles
12/19/02
Read Re: The need for a well rounded education
Hylourgos
12/19/02
Read Re: The need for a well rounded education
Herman Rubin
12/19/02
Read Re: The need for a well rounded education
ranck@vt.edu
12/21/02
Read Re: The need for a well rounded education
Herman Rubin
12/19/02
Read Re: The need for a well rounded education
Al Klein
12/19/02
Read Re: The need for a well rounded education
Hylourgos
12/19/02
Read Re: The need for a well rounded education
Tom MacIntyre
12/20/02
Read Re: The need for a well rounded education
Ron Larham
12/21/02
Read Re: The need for a well rounded education
Ron Larham
12/22/02
Read Re: The need for a well rounded education
Ron Larham
12/22/02
Read Re: The need for a well rounded education
Hylourgos
12/19/02
Read Re: The need for a well rounded education
DanS
12/19/02
Read Re: The need for a well rounded education
Buddy Matlosz
12/19/02
Read Re: The need for a well rounded education
Crysanna
12/19/02
Read Re: The need for a well rounded education
Dave
12/19/02
Read Re: The need for a well rounded education
Dave Rusin
12/19/02
Read Re: The need for a well rounded education
Tom MacIntyre
12/19/02
Read Re: The need for a well rounded education
Lawrence L'Hote
12/24/02
Read Re: The need for a well rounded education
stoney
12/20/02
Read Re: The need for a well rounded education
David C. Ullrich
12/21/02
Read Re: The need for a well rounded education
Herman Rubin
12/24/02
Read Re: The need for a well rounded education
stoney
12/19/02
Read Re: The need for a well rounded education
Mark K. Bilbo
12/24/02
Read Re: The need for a well rounded education
stoney
12/19/02
Read Re: The need for a well rounded education
Lawrence Wasserman
12/19/02
Read Re: The need for a well rounded education
James T. Kirby
12/19/02
Read Re: The need for a well rounded education
Charles Jones
12/19/02
Read Re: The need for a well rounded education
Mark K. Bilbo
12/19/02
Read Re: The need for a well rounded education
Douglas Miller
12/19/02
Read Re: The need for a well rounded education
SilverSurfer
12/19/02
Read Re: The need for a well rounded education
Buddy Matlosz
12/20/02
Read Re: The need for a well rounded education
SilverSurfer
12/20/02
Read Re: The need for a well rounded education
SPeacock
12/19/02
Read Re: The need for a well rounded education
Hylourgos
12/19/02
Read Re: The need for a well rounded education
Dave
12/19/02
Read Re: The need for a well rounded education
Mark K. Bilbo
12/19/02
Read Re: The need for a well rounded education
SPeacock
12/19/02
Read Re: The need for a well rounded education
Mark K. Bilbo
12/20/02
Read Re: The need for a well rounded education
A N Neil
12/20/02
Read Re: The need for a well rounded education
Mark K. Bilbo
12/20/02
Read Re: The need for a well rounded education
JaR
12/20/02
Read Re: The need for a well rounded education
Mark K. Bilbo
12/24/02
Read Re: The need for a well rounded education
stoney
1/1/03
Read Re: The need for a well rounded education
rat scabies
12/19/02
Read Re: The need for a well rounded education
Mark K. Bilbo
12/28/02
Read Re: The need for a well rounded education
Jim Hunter
12/20/02
Read Re: The need for a well rounded education
Chergarj
12/19/02
Read Re: The need for a well rounded education
Rob Hammersmith
12/19/02
Read Re: The need for a well rounded education
Rob Hammersmith
12/19/02
Read Re: The need for a well rounded education
Herman Rubin
12/19/02
Read Re: The need for a well rounded education
George
1/1/03
Read Re: The need for a well rounded education
rat scabies
1/2/03
Read Re: The need for a well rounded education
freshcoyote
1/9/03
Read Re: The need for a well rounded education
Example E-Mail Account
12/19/02
Read Re: The need for a well rounded education
Robin Chapman
12/19/02
Read Re: OT: The need for a well rounded education
KevinSmith@CoreCom.net
12/19/02
Read Re: OT: The need for a well rounded education
darktalon
12/19/02
Read Re: OT: The need for a well rounded education
Al Klein
12/19/02
Read Re: The need for a well rounded education
Richard Robertson
12/19/02
Read Re: The need for a well rounded education
stillsunny
12/19/02
Read Re: The need for a well rounded education
Richard Robertson
12/19/02
Read Re: The need for a well rounded education
stillsunny
12/19/02
Read Re: The need for a well rounded education
Richard Robertson
12/19/02
Read Re: The need for a well rounded education
Al Klein
12/24/02
Read Re: The need for a well rounded education
stoney
12/20/02
Read Re: The need for a well rounded education
Dave L. Renfro
1/9/03
Read Re: The need for a well rounded education
Example E-Mail Account
1/10/03
Read Re: The need for a well rounded education
Earle Jones
12/19/02
Read Re: The need for a well rounded education
Al Klein
12/20/02
Read Re: The need for a well rounded education
Fly-by-Night CC
12/20/02
Read Re: The need for a well rounded education
George
12/21/02
Read Re: The need for a well rounded education
Herman Rubin
12/21/02
Read Re: The need for a well rounded education
Herman Rubin
12/22/02
Read Re: The need for a well rounded education
Tom MacIntyre
12/22/02
Read Re: The need for a well rounded education
George
12/23/02
Read Re: The need for a well rounded education
Tom MacIntyre
12/22/02
Read Re: The need for a well rounded education
stillsunny
12/22/02
Read Re: The need for a well rounded education
Richard Robertson
12/22/02
Read Re: The need for a well rounded education
stillsunny
12/22/02
Read Re: The need for a well rounded education
Richard Robertson
1/9/03
Read Re: The need for a well rounded education
Example E-Mail Account
12/19/02
Read Re: The need for a well rounded education
Daniel Kolle
12/20/02
Read Re: The need for a well rounded education
Randy Poe
12/20/02
Read Re: The need for a well rounded education
Dave L. Renfro
12/20/02
Read Re: The need for a well rounded education
Nova
12/24/02
Read Re: The need for a well rounded education
stoney
12/25/02
Read Re: The need for a well rounded education
Tom MacIntyre
12/25/02
Read Re: The need for a well rounded education
Mark & Juanita
12/25/02
Read Re: The need for a well rounded education
stoney
12/21/02
Read Re: The need for a well rounded education
jmfbahciv@aol.com
1/9/03
Read Re: The need for a well rounded education
Example E-Mail Account
1/9/03
Read Re: The need for a well rounded education
JohnSanford@attbi.com
1/9/03
Read Re: The need for a well rounded education
Bob Schmall
1/9/03
Read Re: The need for a well rounded education
Bob Schmall
1/10/03
Read Re: The need for a well rounded education
George
1/10/03
Read Re: The need for a well rounded education
Bob Schmall
1/10/03
Read Re: The need for a well rounded education
George
1/10/03
Read Re: The need for a well rounded education
JohnSanford@attbi.com
1/10/03
Read Re: The need for a well rounded education
Jim Hunter
1/10/03
Read Re: The need for a well rounded education
Virgil
1/10/03
Read Re: The need for a well rounded education
Jim Hunter
1/11/03
Read Re: The need for a well rounded education
Kosmo Threadbane
1/11/03
Read Re: The need for a well rounded education
Jim Hunter
1/10/03
Read Re: The need for a well rounded education
Ron Larham
1/10/03
Read Re: The need for a well rounded education
JohnSanford@attbi.com
1/10/03
Read Re: The need for a well rounded education
George
1/10/03
Read Re: The need for a well rounded education
Jesse F. Hughes
1/10/03
Read Re: The need for a well rounded education
Robert J. Pease
1/10/03
Read Re: The need for a well rounded education
JohnSanford@attbi.com
1/9/03
Read Re: The need for a well rounded education
Alan McClure
1/10/03
Read Re: The need for a well rounded education
Example E-Mail Account
1/10/03
Read Re: The need for a well rounded education
Tim Wesson
12/19/02
Read Re: The need for a well rounded education
Al Klein
12/19/02
Read Re: The need for a well rounded education
Martin Willett
12/19/02
Read Re: The need for a well rounded education
Tom MacIntyre
12/19/02
Read Re: The need for a well rounded education
Mark K. Bilbo
12/19/02
Read Re: The need for a well rounded education
Fletch
12/20/02
[...]
George Dance
12/22/02
Read Re: The need for a well rounded education
dullrich@sprynrt.com
12/28/02
Read Re: The need for a well rounded education
Rob Weaver
12/19/02
Read Re: The need for a well rounded education
Gary Greenberg
12/19/02
Read Re: The need for a well rounded education
Zachary Turner
12/19/02
Read Re: The need for a well rounded education
David C. Ullrich
12/19/02
Read Re: The need for a well rounded education
Al Klein
12/20/02
Read Re: The need for a well rounded education
Tom MacIntyre
12/19/02
Read Re: The need for a well rounded education
A N Niel
12/21/02
Read Re: The need for a well rounded education
Herman Rubin
12/19/02
Read Re: The need for a well rounded education
brian roth
12/19/02
Read Re: The need for a well rounded education
Bob Bonn
[...]
Therion Ware
12/19/02
Read Re: The need for a well rounded education
Charles Self
12/19/02
Read Re: The need for a well rounded education
Ivan
12/19/02
Read Re: The need for a well rounded education
ghammond
12/19/02
Read Re: The need for a well rounded education
Al Klein
12/19/02
Read Re: The need for a well rounded education
Daniel Kolle
12/19/02
Read Re: The need for a well rounded education
Lovecraftesque
12/19/02
Read Re: The need for a well rounded education
Mark K. Bilbo
12/19/02
Read Re: The need for a well rounded education
Mark K. Bilbo
12/19/02
Read Re: The need for a well rounded education
Fletch
12/19/02
Read Re: The need for a well rounded education
Growler
12/20/02
Read Re: The need for a well rounded education
Bill Taylor
12/20/02
Read Re: The need for a well rounded education
Lee Rudolph
12/20/02
Read Re: The need for a well rounded education
Shmuel (Seymour J.) Metz
12/20/02
Read Re: The need for a well rounded education
Michael Russell
12/20/02
Read Re: The need for a well rounded education
CoyoteBoy
12/21/02
Read Re: The need for a well rounded education
JaR
12/21/02
Read Re: The need for a well rounded education
CoyoteBoy
12/22/02
Read Re: The need for a well rounded education
Tom MacIntyre
12/24/02
Read Re: The need for a well rounded education
stoney
12/28/02
Read Re: The need for a well rounded education
maff
1/10/03
Read Re: The need for a well rounded education
Thomas Dressen