Topic: Only 45% of the students were prepared for math
Replies: 67   Last Post: Apr 4, 2006 1:35 PM

Michael Stemper

Re: Only 45% of the students were prepared for math

In article <280320061310109328%anniel@nym.alias.net.invalid>, A N Niel writes:
>In article <200603281743.k2SHhi9129832@walkabout.empros.com>, Michael Stemper <mstemper@siemens-emis.com> wrote:

>> After puzzling it over for a few weeks (my Usenet access was gone at
>> the time), I finally set aside the topology book and bought a book
>> on algebra, instead.

>So I hope that algebra book did not start out: A group is a set with a
>binary operation satisfying these axioms...

<g> No, it started out with a few examples of groups and abstracted the
properties from them. *Then* it gave the formal definition.

--
Michael F. Stemper
#include <Standard_Disclaimer>

Date Subject Author
3/22/06
Read Only 45% of the students were prepared for math
Domenico Rosa
3/22/06
Read Re: Only 45% of the students were prepared for math
Guess who
3/22/06
Read Re: Only 45% of the students were prepared for math
toto
3/23/06
Read Re: Only 45% of the students were prepared for math
Road Runner News
3/23/06
Read Re: Only 45% of the students were prepared for math
Guess who
3/23/06
Read Re: Only 45% of the students were prepared for math
Sumbuny
3/23/06
Read Re: Only 45% of the students were prepared for math
Herman Rubin
3/23/06
Read Re: Only 45% of the students were prepared for math
Guess who
3/24/06
Read Re: Only 45% of the students were prepared for math
Herman Rubin
3/23/06
Read Re: Only 45% of the students were prepared for math
Sumbuny
3/23/06
Read Re: Only 45% of the students were prepared for math
Herman Rubin
3/23/06
Read Re: Only 45% of the students were prepared for math
Guess who
3/24/06
Read Re: Only 45% of the students were prepared for math
Herman Rubin
3/24/06
Read Re: Only 45% of the students were prepared for math
Guess who
3/24/06
Read Re: Only 45% of the students were prepared for math
Virgil
3/24/06
Read Re: Only 45% of the students were prepared for math
Herman Rubin
3/26/06
Read Re: Only 45% of the students were prepared for math
Serial Killfiler
3/26/06
Read Re: Only 45% of the students were prepared for math
Guess who
3/26/06
Read Re: Only 45% of the students were prepared for math
Herman Rubin
3/27/06
Read Re: Only 45% of the students were prepared for math
Serial Killfiler
3/26/06
Read Re: Only 45% of the students were prepared for math
Guess who
3/26/06
Read Re: Only 45% of the students were prepared for math
Serial Killfiler
3/23/06
Read Re: Only 45% of the students were prepared for math
Herman Rubin
3/23/06
Read Re: Only 45% of the students were prepared for math
Guess who
3/24/06
Read Re: Only 45% of the students were prepared for math
Herman Rubin
3/24/06
Read Re: Only 45% of the students were prepared for math
Dave Rusin
3/24/06
Read Re: Only 45% of the students were prepared for math
Herman Rubin
3/24/06
Read Re: Only 45% of the students were prepared for math
The World Wide Wade
3/24/06
Read Re: Only 45% of the students were prepared for math
James Dolan
3/25/06
Read Re: Only 45% of the students were prepared for math
Dave Rusin
3/25/06
Read Re: Only 45% of the students were prepared for math
James Dolan
3/25/06
Read Re: Only 45% of the students were prepared for math
James Dolan
3/25/06
Read Re: Only 45% of the students were prepared for math
The World Wide Wade
3/25/06
Read Re: Only 45% of the students were prepared for math
Herman Rubin
3/28/06
Read Re: Only 45% of the students were prepared for math
Michael Stemper
3/28/06
Read Re: Only 45% of the students were prepared for math
A N Niel
3/28/06
Read Re: Only 45% of the students were prepared for math
Michael Stemper
3/28/06
Read Re: Only 45% of the students were prepared for math
A N Niel
3/30/06
Read Re: Only 45% of the students were prepared for math
Herman Rubin
3/28/06
Read Re: Only 45% of the students were prepared for math
Dave L. Renfro
3/30/06
Read Re: Only 45% of the students were prepared for math
Michael Stemper
3/31/06
Read Re: Only 45% of the students were prepared for math
Dave L. Renfro
4/4/06
Read Re: Only 45% of the students were prepared for math
Michael Stemper
3/30/06
Read Re: Only 45% of the students were prepared for math
Herman Rubin
3/31/06
Read Re: Only 45% of the students were prepared for math
Michael Stemper
3/30/06
Read Re: Only 45% of the students were prepared for math
Pham
3/25/06
[...]
Robert LeChevalier
3/25/06
Read Re: Only 45% of the students were prepared for math
toto
3/25/06
Read Re: Only 45% of the students were prepared for math
Herman Rubin
3/28/06
Read Re: Only 45% of the students were prepared for math
Large_Nassau_Grouper@Yahoo.com
3/28/06
Read Re: Only 45% of the students were prepared for math
Robert LeChevalier
3/28/06
Read Re: Only 45% of the students were prepared for math
Herman Rubin
3/28/06
Read Re: Only 45% of the students were prepared for math
Large_Nassau_Grouper@Yahoo.com
3/28/06
Read Re: Only 45% of the students were prepared for math
Herman Rubin
3/28/06
Read Re: Only 45% of the students were prepared for math
Serial Killfiler
3/29/06
Read Re: Only 45% of the students were prepared for math
The World Wide Wade
3/29/06
Read Re: Only 45% of the students were prepared for math
Jim
3/30/06
Read Re: Only 45% of the students were prepared for math
Herman Rubin
3/28/06
Read Re: Only 45% of the students were prepared for math
Pubkeybreaker
3/28/06