Topic: Solve exact problem with approx solution, or solve approx problem with exact solution
Replies: 1   Last Post: May 16, 2006 1:02 PM

Reef Fish

Re: Solve exact problem with approx solution, or solve approx problem with exact solution

Jerry Dallal wrote:
> datamatter@gmail.com wrote:
> > Can you elaborate further? I believe when you refer to model building
> > as an "art", then clearly the artist would use one of those two tools,
> > or both. Otherwise, if the person is creating an exact solution for an
> > exact problem formulation then we'd call her a scientist.
> >

> If two people working together produce something better than they could
> working alone, it's science.
> If two people working together produce something less than they could
> working alone, it's art.

Cook's (NOT Dennis Cook of course <g>) Generalization:

If N Cooks, N > 2, working together to produce a dish less
appetizing than what each of them could have produced
working alone, it's called Cook's (Spoilt) Broth.

-- Bob.