Topic: Who is too stupid to agree with Phil?
Replies: 119   Last Post: Apr 27, 2003 8:26 AM

Poker Joker

Re: Who is too stupid to agree with Phil?

"Barb Knox" <see@sig.below> wrote in message
> In article <wIHja.21660$5j.291636@twister.kc.rr.com>, "Poker Joker"
> <Poker@wi.rr.com> wrote:
>

> > Without set theory, the following statment
> > is NOT TRUE:
> >
> > "The number of natural numbers is infinite."

> Wrong.
>
> Assume that then the following is true: The number of natural numbers is
> finite.
>
> Using the definition that "finite" means there is a natural number n such
> that there is a 1-1 mapping between the items under question and the
> sequence of natural numbers 1,2,...n, then the following is true: The
> number of natural numbers is some natural number n
>
> Thus n is the largest natural number.
>
> But n+1 is larger and is also a natural number. RAA.

Where've you been? Just woke up?

I agree that you have proven that
THERE IS NO NUMBER OF NATURALS IN THE DOMAIN OF NATURALS.
THATS WHY THE ABOVE STATEMENT IS FALSE.

Yoo-Hoo? McFly? Is anyone home? Yoo-hoo? Hello?

> I know in Phil-land this reasoning is somehow suspect, but in the rest of
> mathematics it works just fine.
>
> --
> ---------------------------
> | BBB b \ barbara minus knox at iname stop com
> | B B aa rrr b |
> | BBB a a r bbb |
> | B B a a r b b |
> | BBB aa a r bbb |
> -----------------------------

Date Subject Author
4/5/03
Read Who is too stupid to agree with Phil?
Poker Joker
4/5/03
Read Re: Who is too stupid to agree with Phil?
Virgil
4/5/03
Read Re: Who is too stupid to agree with Phil?
Poker Joker
4/7/03
Read Re: Who is too stupid to agree with Phil?
Lao Coon
4/9/03
Read Re: Who is too stupid to agree with Phil?
Poker Joker
4/11/03
Read Re: Who is too stupid to agree with Phil?
Lao Coon
4/11/03
Read Re: Who is too stupid to agree with Phil?
Lao Coon
4/11/03
Read Re: Who is too stupid to agree with Phil?
Poker Joker
4/11/03
Read Re: Who is too stupid to agree with Phil?
Lao Coon
4/12/03
Read Re: Who is too stupid to agree with Phil?
Lao Coon
4/12/03
Read Re: Who is too stupid to agree with Phil?
Poker Joker
4/12/03
Read Re: Who is too stupid to agree with Phil?
Lao Coon
4/12/03
Read Re: Who is too stupid to agree with Phil?
Poker Joker
4/12/03
Read Re: Who is too stupid to agree with Phil?
Lao Coon
4/12/03
Read Re: Who is too stupid to agree with Phil?
Poker Joker
4/13/03
Read Re: Who is too stupid to agree with Phil?
Lao Coon
4/13/03
Read Re: Who is too stupid to agree with Phil?
Poker Joker
4/13/03
Read Re: Who is too stupid to agree with Phil?
Chris Menzel
4/13/03
Read Re: Who is too stupid to agree with Phil?
Poker Joker
4/14/03
Read Re: Who is too stupid to agree with Phil?
Chris Menzel
4/14/03
Read Re: Who is too stupid to agree with Phil?
Poker Joker
4/14/03
Read Re: Who is too stupid to agree with Phil?
Chris Menzel
4/14/03
Read Re: Who is too stupid to agree with Phil?
Poker Joker
4/14/03
Read Sets and numbers
Chris Menzel
4/16/03
Read Re: Sets and numbers
Poker Joker
4/16/03
Read Re: Sets and numbers
Poker Joker
4/17/03
Read Re: Sets and numbers
Chris Menzel
4/17/03
Read Re: Sets and numbers
Jon Cast
4/17/03
Read Re: Sets and numbers
Chris Menzel
4/19/03
Read Re: Sets and numbers
John Jones
4/20/03
Read Re: Sets and numbers
Jon Cast
4/19/03
Read 2, sets and numbers
John Jones
4/20/03
Read Re: 2, sets and numbers
Poker Joker
4/18/03
Read Re: Sets and numbers
Poker Joker
4/19/03
Read Re: Sets and numbers
Chris Menzel
4/20/03
Read Re:*Sets and numbers
Jesse Nowells
4/20/03
Read Re: *Sets and numbers
John Forkosh
4/20/03
Read Re: *Sets and numbers
Chris Menzel
4/20/03
Read Re: *Sets and numbers
John Forkosh
4/20/03
Read Re: *Sets and numbers
Chris Menzel
4/21/03
Read Re: *Sets and numbers
John Forkosh
4/21/03
Read Re: *Sets and numbers
Chris Menzel
4/21/03
Read Re: *Sets and numbers
George Greene
4/25/03
Read Re: *Sets and numbers
Chris Menzel
4/27/03
Read Re: *Sets and numbers
George Dance
4/26/03
Read Re: *Sets and numbers
Paul Holbach
4/20/03
Read Re: *Sets and numbers
Robert Kolker
4/13/03
Read Re: Who is too stupid to agree with Phil?
Lao Coon
4/13/03
Read Re: Who is too stupid to agree with Phil?
Poker Joker
4/14/03
Read Re: Who is too stupid to agree with Phil?
Lao Coon
4/14/03
Read Re: Who is too stupid to agree with Phil?
Poker Joker
4/15/03
Read Re: Who is too stupid to agree with Phil?
Lao Coon
4/16/03
Read Re: Who is too stupid to agree with Phil?
Poker Joker
4/17/03
Read Re: Who is too stupid to agree with Phil?
Lao Coon
4/17/03
Read Re: Who is too stupid to agree with Phil?
karl malbrain
4/17/03
Read Re: Who is too stupid to agree with Phil?
Lao Coon
4/18/03
Read Re: Who is too stupid to agree with Phil?
karl malbrain
4/14/03
Read Re: Who is too stupid to agree with Phil?
mensanator
4/13/03
Read Re: Who is too stupid to agree with Phil?
Poker Joker
4/13/03
Read Re: Who is too stupid to agree with Phil?
Poker Joker
4/14/03
Read Re: Who is too stupid to agree with Phil?
Lao Coon
4/13/03
Read Re: Who is too stupid to agree with Phil?
Poker Joker
4/14/03
Read Re: Who is too stupid to agree with Phil?
Lao Coon
4/10/03
Read Re: Who is too stupid to agree with Phil?
George Dance
4/11/03
Read Re: Who is too stupid to agree with Phil?
Lao Coon
4/5/03
Read Re: Who is too stupid to agree with Phil?
Barb Knox
4/5/03
Read Re: Who is too stupid to agree with Phil?
Poker Joker
4/5/03
Read Re: Who is too stupid to agree with Phil?
Mechanic
4/5/03
Read Re: Who is too stupid to agree with Phil?
Virgil
4/5/03
Read Re: Who is too stupid to agree with Phil?
Poker Joker
4/6/03
Read Re: Who is too stupid to agree with Phil?
Barb Knox
4/6/03
Read Re: Who is too stupid to agree with Phil?
Poker Joker
4/7/03
Read Re: Who is too stupid to agree with Phil?
Robert J. Pease
4/8/03
Read Re: Who is too stupid to agree with Phil?
karl malbrain
4/6/03
Read Re: Who is too stupid to agree with Phil?
karl malbrain
4/6/03
Read Re: Who is too stupid to agree with Phil?
Poker Joker
4/6/03
Read Re: Who is too stupid to agree with Phil?
karl malbrain
4/6/03
Read Re: Who is too stupid to agree with Phil?
Jacob W. Haller
4/6/03
Read Re: Who is too stupid to agree with Phil?
Dirk Van de moortel
4/6/03
[...]
G. Frege
4/6/03
Read Re: Who is too stupid to agree with Phil?
Poker Joker
4/7/03
Read Re: Who is too stupid to agree with Phil?
G. Frege
4/9/03
Read Re: Who is too stupid to agree with Phil?
Poker Joker
4/6/03
Read Re: Who is too stupid to agree with Phil?
talysman
4/6/03
Read Re: Who is too stupid to agree with Phil?
Poker Joker
4/6/03
Read Re: Who is too stupid to agree with Phil?
talysman
4/6/03
Read Re: Who is too stupid to agree with Phil?
Poker Joker
4/6/03
Read Re: Who is too stupid to agree with Phil?
Jacob W. Haller
4/6/03
Read Re: Who is too stupid to agree with Phil?
talysman
4/6/03
Read Re: Who is too stupid to agree with Phil?
Jacob W. Haller
4/6/03
Read number numeral
John Jones