Topic: Who is too stupid to agree with Phil?
Replies: 119   Last Post: Apr 27, 2003 8:26 AM

Poker Joker

Re: Who is too stupid to agree with Phil?

"G. Frege" <g.frege@simple-line.de> wrote in message
> On Sun, 06 Apr 2003 18:28:35 GMT, "Poker Joker" <Poker@wi.rr.com> wrote:
>

> > Even if you are correct, it doesn't change the fact
> > that Phil's questions uncovered alot of confusion
> > amongst the people who responded negatively to him.
> >

> ???
>

> > The negative responders obviously had set theory
> > and Peano arithmetic intertwined and thay obviously
> > couldn't point out that the terminology was causing
> > confusion amonst themselves and Phil. The same
> > confusion existed on both sides of the discusion.
> >

> Well. Actually the Peano axioms can be PROVED in set theory. Hence it
doesn't
> really matter (here) if we start our argumentation with the Peano axioms
or just
> with set theory.
>
> (Of course "set theory" is more "fundamental" or "basic".)

You could put it that way and many people do. In actuality
though, PA is more "basic" partly proven by what you say.
ZFC implies PA, but not the other way around, so there
must be more to ZFC and therefore it less basic. That is
why it DOES matter where you start your argumentation.
You may not be able to get to where you want to go if
you start with PA. "There are an infinite number of
naturals." is unreachable from PA. So is its converse.

> F.

Date Subject Author
4/5/03
Read Who is too stupid to agree with Phil?
Poker Joker
4/5/03
Read Re: Who is too stupid to agree with Phil?
Virgil
4/5/03
Read Re: Who is too stupid to agree with Phil?
Poker Joker
4/7/03
Read Re: Who is too stupid to agree with Phil?
Lao Coon
4/9/03
Read Re: Who is too stupid to agree with Phil?
Poker Joker
4/11/03
Read Re: Who is too stupid to agree with Phil?
Lao Coon
4/11/03
Read Re: Who is too stupid to agree with Phil?
Lao Coon
4/11/03
Read Re: Who is too stupid to agree with Phil?
Poker Joker
4/11/03
Read Re: Who is too stupid to agree with Phil?
Lao Coon
4/12/03
Read Re: Who is too stupid to agree with Phil?
Lao Coon
4/12/03
Read Re: Who is too stupid to agree with Phil?
Poker Joker
4/12/03
Read Re: Who is too stupid to agree with Phil?
Lao Coon
4/12/03
Read Re: Who is too stupid to agree with Phil?
Poker Joker
4/12/03
Read Re: Who is too stupid to agree with Phil?
Lao Coon
4/12/03
Read Re: Who is too stupid to agree with Phil?
Poker Joker
4/13/03
Read Re: Who is too stupid to agree with Phil?
Lao Coon
4/13/03
Read Re: Who is too stupid to agree with Phil?
Poker Joker
4/13/03
Read Re: Who is too stupid to agree with Phil?
Chris Menzel
4/13/03
Read Re: Who is too stupid to agree with Phil?
Poker Joker
4/14/03
Read Re: Who is too stupid to agree with Phil?
Chris Menzel
4/14/03
Read Re: Who is too stupid to agree with Phil?
Poker Joker
4/14/03
Read Re: Who is too stupid to agree with Phil?
Chris Menzel
4/14/03
Read Re: Who is too stupid to agree with Phil?
Poker Joker
4/14/03
Read Sets and numbers
Chris Menzel
4/16/03
Read Re: Sets and numbers
Poker Joker
4/16/03
Read Re: Sets and numbers
Poker Joker
4/17/03
Read Re: Sets and numbers
Chris Menzel
4/17/03
Read Re: Sets and numbers
Jon Cast
4/17/03
Read Re: Sets and numbers
Chris Menzel
4/19/03
Read Re: Sets and numbers
John Jones
4/20/03
Read Re: Sets and numbers
Jon Cast
4/19/03
Read 2, sets and numbers
John Jones
4/20/03
Read Re: 2, sets and numbers
Poker Joker
4/18/03
Read Re: Sets and numbers
Poker Joker
4/19/03
Read Re: Sets and numbers
Chris Menzel
4/20/03
Read Re:*Sets and numbers
Jesse Nowells
4/20/03
Read Re: *Sets and numbers
John Forkosh
4/20/03
Read Re: *Sets and numbers
Chris Menzel
4/20/03
Read Re: *Sets and numbers
John Forkosh
4/20/03
Read Re: *Sets and numbers
Chris Menzel
4/21/03
Read Re: *Sets and numbers
John Forkosh
4/21/03
Read Re: *Sets and numbers
Chris Menzel
4/21/03
Read Re: *Sets and numbers
George Greene
4/25/03
Read Re: *Sets and numbers
Chris Menzel
4/27/03
Read Re: *Sets and numbers
George Dance
4/26/03
Read Re: *Sets and numbers
Paul Holbach
4/20/03
Read Re: *Sets and numbers
Robert Kolker
4/13/03
Read Re: Who is too stupid to agree with Phil?
Lao Coon
4/13/03
Read Re: Who is too stupid to agree with Phil?
Poker Joker
4/14/03
Read Re: Who is too stupid to agree with Phil?
Lao Coon
4/14/03
Read Re: Who is too stupid to agree with Phil?
Poker Joker
4/15/03
Read Re: Who is too stupid to agree with Phil?
Lao Coon
4/16/03
Read Re: Who is too stupid to agree with Phil?
Poker Joker
4/17/03
Read Re: Who is too stupid to agree with Phil?
Lao Coon
4/17/03
Read Re: Who is too stupid to agree with Phil?
karl malbrain
4/17/03
Read Re: Who is too stupid to agree with Phil?
Lao Coon
4/18/03
Read Re: Who is too stupid to agree with Phil?
karl malbrain
4/14/03
Read Re: Who is too stupid to agree with Phil?
mensanator
4/13/03
Read Re: Who is too stupid to agree with Phil?
Poker Joker
4/13/03
Read Re: Who is too stupid to agree with Phil?
Poker Joker
4/14/03
Read Re: Who is too stupid to agree with Phil?
Lao Coon
4/13/03
Read Re: Who is too stupid to agree with Phil?
Poker Joker
4/14/03
Read Re: Who is too stupid to agree with Phil?
Lao Coon
4/10/03
Read Re: Who is too stupid to agree with Phil?
George Dance
4/11/03
Read Re: Who is too stupid to agree with Phil?
Lao Coon
4/5/03
Read Re: Who is too stupid to agree with Phil?
Barb Knox
4/5/03
Read Re: Who is too stupid to agree with Phil?
Poker Joker
4/5/03
Read Re: Who is too stupid to agree with Phil?
Mechanic
4/5/03
Read Re: Who is too stupid to agree with Phil?
Virgil
4/5/03
Read Re: Who is too stupid to agree with Phil?
Poker Joker
4/6/03
Read Re: Who is too stupid to agree with Phil?
Barb Knox
4/6/03
Read Re: Who is too stupid to agree with Phil?
Poker Joker
4/7/03
Read Re: Who is too stupid to agree with Phil?
Robert J. Pease
4/8/03
Read Re: Who is too stupid to agree with Phil?
karl malbrain
4/6/03
Read Re: Who is too stupid to agree with Phil?
karl malbrain
4/6/03
Read Re: Who is too stupid to agree with Phil?
Poker Joker
4/6/03
Read Re: Who is too stupid to agree with Phil?
karl malbrain
4/6/03
Read Re: Who is too stupid to agree with Phil?
Jacob W. Haller
4/6/03
Read Re: Who is too stupid to agree with Phil?
Dirk Van de moortel
4/6/03
[...]
G. Frege
4/6/03
Read Re: Who is too stupid to agree with Phil?
Poker Joker
4/7/03
Read Re: Who is too stupid to agree with Phil?
G. Frege
4/9/03
Read Re: Who is too stupid to agree with Phil?
Poker Joker
4/6/03
Read Re: Who is too stupid to agree with Phil?
talysman
4/6/03
Read Re: Who is too stupid to agree with Phil?
Poker Joker
4/6/03
Read Re: Who is too stupid to agree with Phil?
talysman
4/6/03
Read Re: Who is too stupid to agree with Phil?
Poker Joker
4/6/03
Read Re: Who is too stupid to agree with Phil?
Jacob W. Haller
4/6/03
Read Re: Who is too stupid to agree with Phil?
talysman
4/6/03
Read Re: Who is too stupid to agree with Phil?
Jacob W. Haller
4/6/03
Read number numeral
John Jones