Topic: Help! I am new to stastics and I am stuck on a few questions.
If anyone could offer some advice, I'd appreciate it!

Replies: 3   Last Post: May 22, 2006 11:32 AM

Bruce Weaver

Re: Help! I am new to stastics and I am stuck on a few questions.

Matt wrote:
> A box contains a penny, a nickle, a dime, and a quarter. A coin is
> drawn at random and not replaced. A second coin is then drawn. How
> many outcomes are possible?
>
> a. 25
> b. 12
> c. 5
> d. 4
>
> How do you figure this? Thanks for your time and patience.
>
> Best wishes,
>
> Matt

How many possibilities are there on the first draw? If you don't
replace the first coin, how many possibilities are left on the second
draw? Multiply those two numbers to get the number of possible outcomes.

--
Bruce Weaver
bweaver@lakeheadu.ca