The Math Forum

Topic: SF: Finally, surrogate factoring
Replies: 86   Last Post: Jun 10, 2006 11:51 PM

William L. Bahn

Re: SF: Finally, surrogate factoring

<jstevh@msn.com> wrote in message
> Gordon Burditt wrote:
> > >Consider a relation between two integer factorizations:
> > >
> > >f_1 f_2 = k + g_1 g_2
> > >
> > >and a solution with four unknowns w, x, y and z, as they are

determined
> > >I call this method the Holy Grail of factoring--a basic
template for
> > >factoring any composite.
> >
> > Which of the RSA challenge numbers have you factored with

this?

> > If that's too complicated, please demonstrate how you would

use
> > this to factor 32111. Or how about 6?
> >
> > Gordon L. Burditt

> Trivial theory.
>
> I find it weird that so many of you are lost on what

mathematics is
> that you still hold on as if I have to actually demonstrate for
what
> follows from the mathematics to be true.

How about a deal:

If you provide a demonstration of how your theory can be used to
successfully factor the next RSA number, then we will all stop
calling you a crackpot. If we are able to find a flaw in your
theory that proves that it won't work (and work on arbitrarily
large number in polynomial time), then you agree to never post to
Usenet again.

Come on, James. It's in the bag. You are sitting here with a
theory that you claim you have proven and that is so trivial that
it's correctness is obvious, but you can't get anyone to take a
serious look at it because of your reputation. Well, here's your
chance. Without taking any risk, since you have already proven
your theory, you can offer something of value (provided anyone
actually believes you would stick to your word) in order to get
others to do what you aren't capable of.

> I found that you can just use
>
> f_1 f_2 = k + g_1 g_2
>
> and four variables w, x, y and z with four linear equations, to

SEE why
> the method has to work, while to get g_1 and g_2 you use two of
the
> linear equations and the equation defining k as the difference
to get a
> set of possible values for g_1 and g_2.
>
> That theory is easy algebra. Trivial. It is a proof that the
> factoring problem is actually trivially easy, and a

mathematical proof
> that RSA cannot be secure.
>
> But you want an implementation and a demonstration.
>
> I am sure, someone is working as we speak on giving you one.
>
> Some of you may joke about moving stocks, but you have inside
> information, because our world is a little complicated and most

people
> don't read sci.crypt, but then again, this is public disclosure
so
> maybe you can move your stocks without breaking the law.
>
> I'm not sure. I'm not moving any. But it's not like I really

have any
> anyway. I long ago sold everything I had on the stock market,
and only
> recently acquired small amounts without choosing to do so.
>

> James Harris

Date Subject Author
6/4/06
Read SF: Finally, surrogate factoring
JAMES HARRIS
6/5/06
Read Re: SF: Finally, surrogate factoring
Doug Schwarz
6/5/06
Read Re: JSH: SF: Finally, surrogate factoring
Tim Peters
6/5/06
Read Re: JSH: SF: Finally, surrogate factoring
Doug Schwarz
6/5/06
Read Re: SF: Finally, surrogate factoring
Christopher J. Henrich
6/5/06
Read Re: SF: Finally, surrogate factoring
Gib Bogle
6/5/06
Read Re: SF: Finally, surrogate factoring
Proginoskes
6/5/06
Read Re: Finally, surrogate factoring
William L. Bahn
6/5/06
Read Re: Finally, surrogate factoring
JAMES HARRIS
6/5/06
Read Re: Finally, surrogate factoring
Abstract Dissonance
6/5/06
Read Re: Finally, surrogate factoring
Abstract Dissonance
6/5/06
Read Re: Finally, surrogate factoring
Salami Man
6/5/06
Read Re: Finally, surrogate factoring
William L. Bahn
6/6/06
Read Re: Finally, surrogate factoring
Brian Quincy Hutchings
6/5/06
Read Re: SF: Finally, surrogate factoring
guenther.vonKnakspott@gmx.de
6/6/06
Read Re: SF: Finally, surrogate factoring
Matthijs Hebly
6/6/06
Read Re: SF: Finally, surrogate factoring
Salami Man
6/5/06
Read Re: Finally, surrogate factoring
Abstract Dissonance
6/5/06
Read Re: SF: Finally, surrogate factoring
Gordon Burditt
6/5/06
Read Re: SF: Finally, surrogate factoring
Sebastian Gottschalk
6/5/06
Read Re: SF: Finally, surrogate factoring
dkguru
6/5/06
Read Re: SF: Finally, surrogate factoring
Ed Weir \(ComCast\)
6/5/06
Read Re: SF: Finally, surrogate factoring
Abstract Dissonance
6/5/06
Read Re: SF: Finally, surrogate factoring
Andrew Swallow
gjedwards@gmail.com
6/5/06
Read Re: SF: Finally, surrogate factoring
Salami Man
6/5/06
Read Re: SF: Finally, surrogate factoring
Gib Bogle
6/6/06
Read Re: SF: Finally, surrogate factoring
TC
6/6/06
marc.t.davies@gmail.com
6/5/06
Read Re: SF: Finally, surrogate factoring
gjedwards@gmail.com
6/5/06
Read Re: SF: Finally, surrogate factoring
LarryLard
6/5/06
Read Re: SF: Finally, surrogate factoring
William L. Bahn
6/5/06
Read Re: SF: Finally, surrogate factoring
Richard Henry
6/5/06
Read Re: SF: Finally, surrogate factoring
Salami Man
6/5/06
Read Re: SF: Finally, surrogate factoring
Bob Marlow
6/5/06
Read Re: SF: Finally, surrogate factoring
Bob Marlow
6/5/06
Read Re: SF: Finally, surrogate factoring
none
6/5/06
Read Re: SF: Finally, surrogate factoring
rossum
6/5/06
Read Re: SF: Finally, surrogate factoring
Rick Decker
jshsucks@yahoo.com
[...]
6/7/06
Read Re: JSH: SF: Finally, surrogate factoring
David C. Ullrich
6/7/06
Read Re: JSH: SF: Finally, surrogate factoring
Rick Decker
6/7/06
Read Re: JSH: SF: Finally, surrogate factoring
Jesse F. Hughes
6/7/06
Read Re: JSH: SF: Finally, surrogate factoring
Rick Decker
6/8/06
Read Re: JSH: SF: Finally, surrogate factoring
David C. Ullrich
6/7/06
Read Re: JSH: SF: Finally, surrogate factoring
Bertie Reed
6/6/06
Read Re: JSH: SF: Finally, surrogate factoring
JAMES HARRIS
6/6/06
Read Re: JSH: SF: Finally, surrogate factoring
JAMES HARRIS
6/7/06
Read Re: JSH: SF: Finally, surrogate factoring
Rick Decker
6/7/06
Read Re: JSH: SF: Finally, surrogate factoring
Tim Peters
6/7/06
Read Re: JSH: SF: Finally, surrogate factoring
Rick Decker
6/8/06
Read Re: JSH: SF: Finally, surrogate factoring
JAMES HARRIS
6/8/06
Read Re: JSH: SF: Finally, surrogate factoring
Jose Carlos Santos
6/8/06
Read Re: JSH: SF: Finally, surrogate factoring
Rick Decker
6/8/06
Read Re: JSH: SF: Finally, surrogate factoring
LarryLard
6/8/06
Read Re: JSH: SF: Finally, surrogate factoring
David Bernier
6/8/06
Read Re: JSH: SF: Finally, surrogate factoring
Rick Decker
6/9/06
Read Re: JSH: SF: Finally, surrogate factoring
Tim Peters
6/9/06
Read Re: JSH: SF: Finally, surrogate factoring
david250@gmail.com
6/9/06
Read Re: JSH: SF: Finally, surrogate factoring
marcus_b
6/8/06
Read Re: JSH: SF: Finally, surrogate factoring
Richard Henry
6/8/06
Read Re: JSH: SF: Finally, surrogate factoring
jshsucks@yahoo.com
6/8/06
Read Re: JSH: SF: Finally, surrogate factoring
Paul Sperry
6/8/06
Read Re: JSH: SF: Finally, surrogate factoring
LarryLard
6/8/06
Read Re: JSH: SF: Finally, surrogate factoring
Denis Feldmann
6/8/06
Read Re: JSH: SF: Finally, surrogate factoring
David Bernier
6/8/06
Read Re: JSH: SF: Finally, surrogate factoring
David C. Ullrich
6/8/06
Read Re: JSH: SF: Finally, surrogate factoring
David Moran
6/8/06
Read Re: JSH: SF: Finally, surrogate factoring
David Bernier
6/8/06
Read Re: JSH: SF: Finally, surrogate factoring
Tim Peters
6/8/06
Read Re: JSH: SF: Finally, surrogate factoring
Proginoskes
6/10/06
Read Re: JSH: SF: Finally, surrogate factoring
Tim Peters
6/10/06
Read Re: JSH: SF: Finally, surrogate factoring
Tim Peters
6/6/06
Read Respect
gjedwards@gmail.com