The Math Forum

Topic: SF: Finally, surrogate factoring
Replies: 86   Last Post: Jun 10, 2006 11:51 PM

Rick Decker

Re: JSH: SF: Finally, surrogate factoring

Tim Peters wrote:
> [added "JSH:" to subject, spared sci.crypt and alt.math]
>
> [jstevh@msn.com]

>>And it has been posted in this thread that I DID get it wrong.
>>
>>If you do it right, it shows a dependency on the factorization of T,
>>which is no good.
>>
>>But what if you go the other way, isolating y on the right side,
>>instead of z?

>>So instead, you would complete the square twice isolating z on the left
>>and with the second you would get y inside the square on the right.
>>
>>The reason for wondering is that if you solve for z using the four
>>linear equations, yup, it does solve in such a way that you can have a
>>difference of factors of T, but y does not.
>>
>>Long-shot.

> I got
>
> (42*z + 10*y - 3*f_2 + 19*f_1)^2 = (4*y + 3*f_2 - 5*f_1)^2 + 84*T
>
> then, but didn't care enough to double-check it.

That's what I got, too. Mathematica agrees.

Regards,

Rick

Date Subject Author
6/4/06
Read SF: Finally, surrogate factoring
JAMES HARRIS
6/5/06
Read Re: SF: Finally, surrogate factoring
Doug Schwarz
6/5/06
Read Re: JSH: SF: Finally, surrogate factoring
Tim Peters
6/5/06
Read Re: JSH: SF: Finally, surrogate factoring
Doug Schwarz
6/5/06
Read Re: SF: Finally, surrogate factoring
Christopher J. Henrich
6/5/06
Read Re: SF: Finally, surrogate factoring
Gib Bogle
6/5/06
Read Re: SF: Finally, surrogate factoring
Proginoskes
6/5/06
Read Re: Finally, surrogate factoring
William L. Bahn
6/5/06
Read Re: Finally, surrogate factoring
JAMES HARRIS
6/5/06
Read Re: Finally, surrogate factoring
Abstract Dissonance
6/5/06
Read Re: Finally, surrogate factoring
Abstract Dissonance
6/5/06
Read Re: Finally, surrogate factoring
Salami Man
6/5/06
Read Re: Finally, surrogate factoring
William L. Bahn
6/6/06
Read Re: Finally, surrogate factoring
Brian Quincy Hutchings
6/5/06
Read Re: SF: Finally, surrogate factoring
guenther.vonKnakspott@gmx.de
6/6/06
Read Re: SF: Finally, surrogate factoring
Matthijs Hebly
6/6/06
Read Re: SF: Finally, surrogate factoring
Salami Man
6/5/06
Read Re: Finally, surrogate factoring
Abstract Dissonance
6/5/06
Read Re: SF: Finally, surrogate factoring
Gordon Burditt
6/5/06
Read Re: SF: Finally, surrogate factoring
Sebastian Gottschalk
6/5/06
Read Re: SF: Finally, surrogate factoring
dkguru
6/5/06
Read Re: SF: Finally, surrogate factoring
Ed Weir \(ComCast\)
6/5/06
Read Re: SF: Finally, surrogate factoring
Abstract Dissonance
6/5/06
Read Re: SF: Finally, surrogate factoring
Andrew Swallow
gjedwards@gmail.com
6/5/06
Read Re: SF: Finally, surrogate factoring
Salami Man
6/5/06
Read Re: SF: Finally, surrogate factoring
Gib Bogle
6/6/06
Read Re: SF: Finally, surrogate factoring
TC
6/6/06
marc.t.davies@gmail.com
6/5/06
Read Re: SF: Finally, surrogate factoring
gjedwards@gmail.com
6/5/06
Read Re: SF: Finally, surrogate factoring
LarryLard
6/5/06
Read Re: SF: Finally, surrogate factoring
William L. Bahn
6/5/06
Read Re: SF: Finally, surrogate factoring
Richard Henry
6/5/06
Read Re: SF: Finally, surrogate factoring
Salami Man
6/5/06
Read Re: SF: Finally, surrogate factoring
Bob Marlow
6/5/06
Read Re: SF: Finally, surrogate factoring
Bob Marlow
6/5/06
Read Re: SF: Finally, surrogate factoring
none
6/5/06
Read Re: SF: Finally, surrogate factoring
rossum
jshsucks@yahoo.com
[...]
6/7/06
Read Re: JSH: SF: Finally, surrogate factoring
David C. Ullrich
6/7/06
Read Re: JSH: SF: Finally, surrogate factoring
Rick Decker
6/7/06
Read Re: JSH: SF: Finally, surrogate factoring
Jesse F. Hughes
6/7/06
Read Re: JSH: SF: Finally, surrogate factoring
Rick Decker
6/8/06
Read Re: JSH: SF: Finally, surrogate factoring
David C. Ullrich
6/7/06
Read Re: JSH: SF: Finally, surrogate factoring
Bertie Reed
6/6/06
Read Re: JSH: SF: Finally, surrogate factoring
JAMES HARRIS
6/6/06
Read Re: JSH: SF: Finally, surrogate factoring
JAMES HARRIS
6/7/06
Read Re: JSH: SF: Finally, surrogate factoring
Rick Decker
6/7/06
Read Re: JSH: SF: Finally, surrogate factoring
Tim Peters
6/7/06
Read Re: JSH: SF: Finally, surrogate factoring
Rick Decker
6/8/06
Read Re: JSH: SF: Finally, surrogate factoring
JAMES HARRIS
6/8/06
Read Re: JSH: SF: Finally, surrogate factoring
Jose Carlos Santos
6/8/06
Read Re: JSH: SF: Finally, surrogate factoring
Rick Decker
6/8/06
Read Re: JSH: SF: Finally, surrogate factoring
LarryLard
6/8/06
Read Re: JSH: SF: Finally, surrogate factoring
David Bernier
6/8/06
Read Re: JSH: SF: Finally, surrogate factoring
Rick Decker
6/9/06
Read Re: JSH: SF: Finally, surrogate factoring
Tim Peters
6/9/06
Read Re: JSH: SF: Finally, surrogate factoring
david250@gmail.com
6/9/06
Read Re: JSH: SF: Finally, surrogate factoring
marcus_b
6/8/06
Read Re: JSH: SF: Finally, surrogate factoring
Richard Henry
6/8/06
Read Re: JSH: SF: Finally, surrogate factoring
jshsucks@yahoo.com
6/8/06
Read Re: JSH: SF: Finally, surrogate factoring
Paul Sperry
6/8/06
Read Re: JSH: SF: Finally, surrogate factoring
LarryLard
6/8/06
Read Re: JSH: SF: Finally, surrogate factoring
Denis Feldmann
6/8/06
Read Re: JSH: SF: Finally, surrogate factoring
David Bernier
6/8/06
Read Re: JSH: SF: Finally, surrogate factoring
David C. Ullrich
6/8/06
Read Re: JSH: SF: Finally, surrogate factoring
David Moran
6/8/06
Read Re: JSH: SF: Finally, surrogate factoring
David Bernier
6/8/06
Read Re: JSH: SF: Finally, surrogate factoring
Tim Peters
6/8/06
Read Re: JSH: SF: Finally, surrogate factoring
Proginoskes
6/10/06
Read Re: JSH: SF: Finally, surrogate factoring
Tim Peters
6/10/06
Read Re: JSH: SF: Finally, surrogate factoring
Tim Peters
6/6/06
Read Respect
gjedwards@gmail.com