The Math Forum

Topic: SF: Finally, surrogate factoring
Replies: 86   Last Post: Jun 10, 2006 11:51 PM

David Bernier

Re: JSH: SF: Finally, surrogate factoring

jstevh@msn.com wrote:
> [...]

>>> containing 21g_1, and never would have guessed he was just pulling it out of
>>> his butt :-)

>> Surely you're not surprised.

>>> I think you meant to write h_1 - h_2 on the LHS of [2].

>> Indeed I did.

>>> This part would be clearer with the correction above.

>> Yes.

>>> While this conclusion _needs_ the correction above.

>> Yes, yes.

>>> Yes, you are psychic!

>> I knew you'd say that.

>>> That also needs the correction above ;-)

>> (Grr). Yes, yes, yes!

>>> And to force the conclusion, in that case [3] becomes
>>>
>>> y = (5*f_1 - 3*f_2 + 7*g_1 - 3*g_2)/4
>>>

>>> But let's give James something else to worry about :-) Take
>>>
>>> (42*z + 10*y - 3*f_2 + 19*f_1)^2 = (4*y + 3*f_2 - 5*f_1)^2 + 84*T
>>>
>>> expand it, use the quadratic equation to solve for y, and then substitute to
>>> get rid of z and T:
>>>
>>> z = -(3*f_1 - f_2 + g_1 - g_2)/4
>>> T = g_1*g_2
>>>
>>> The result is:
>>>
>>> y = (5*f_1 - 3*f_2 + 5*g_1 - 5*g_2 +/- 2*(g_1 + g_2))/4
>>>
>>> Pick "+" and you get the result James wants:
>>>
>>> y = (5*f_1 - 3*f_2 + 7*g_1 - 3*g_2)/4
>>>
>>> Pick "-" and it's different:
>>>
>>> y = (5*f_1 - 3*f_2 + 3*g_1 - 7*g_2)/4
>>>
>>> Woo hoo! Centuries of mathematics down the tubes again, or can James spot
>>> the bogosity? Hint #1: this isn't an algebraic error; you really do get
>>> that result for y. Hint #2: you get the same two results for y if you do
>>> the same thing but starting from
>>>
>>> (2*y + 10*z + 5*f_1 - f_2)^2 = (4*z + 3*f_1 - f_2)^2 + 4*T
>>>
>>> instead.

>> Hehe. I predict that this section (cute, BTW) will generate no response.

>>> I strongly suspect that bit of gratuitous assholishness was deliberate. God
>>> only knows why, but James got it into his head that he needs to _provoke_
>>> people into replying when he thinks they know something he wants to find
>>> out. That's just his despicable way of trying to goad you into doing his
>>> work for him. It's especially idiotic in this case, since if he had any
>>> memory he'd recall that you typically respond much better to polite requests
>>> than to his stupid baiting tactics.
>>>
>>> But, in this case, I'm afraid what he'll take away is "ha! it worked again",
>>> without a shadow of a clue that it was neither necessary nor helpful to
>>> behave like an ass.
>>>

>> Sadly, I predict you're right again.
>>

>> Regards,
>>
>> Rick

> You're both lying.
>
> I am going to warn you.
>
> Neither of you will live to see 2007 because of this lie becaue there
> will be angry people who will kill you, as there is so much money at
> stake.
>
> Billions will be lost.
>
> It's not like you can reverse it now either.
>
> You killed yourselves.
>
> It might have seemed like a small lie to both of you, but your names
> will live in infamy, while you will not live at all.

priceless

Date Subject Author
6/4/06
Read SF: Finally, surrogate factoring
JAMES HARRIS
6/5/06
Read Re: SF: Finally, surrogate factoring
Doug Schwarz
6/5/06
Read Re: JSH: SF: Finally, surrogate factoring
Tim Peters
6/5/06
Read Re: JSH: SF: Finally, surrogate factoring
Doug Schwarz
6/5/06
Read Re: SF: Finally, surrogate factoring
Christopher J. Henrich
6/5/06
Read Re: SF: Finally, surrogate factoring
Gib Bogle
6/5/06
Read Re: SF: Finally, surrogate factoring
Proginoskes
6/5/06
Read Re: Finally, surrogate factoring
William L. Bahn
6/5/06
Read Re: Finally, surrogate factoring
JAMES HARRIS
6/5/06
Read Re: Finally, surrogate factoring
Abstract Dissonance
6/5/06
Read Re: Finally, surrogate factoring
Abstract Dissonance
6/5/06
Read Re: Finally, surrogate factoring
Salami Man
6/5/06
Read Re: Finally, surrogate factoring
William L. Bahn
6/6/06
Read Re: Finally, surrogate factoring
Brian Quincy Hutchings
6/5/06
Read Re: SF: Finally, surrogate factoring
guenther.vonKnakspott@gmx.de
6/6/06
Read Re: SF: Finally, surrogate factoring
Matthijs Hebly
6/6/06
Read Re: SF: Finally, surrogate factoring
Salami Man
6/5/06
Read Re: Finally, surrogate factoring
Abstract Dissonance
6/5/06
Read Re: SF: Finally, surrogate factoring
Gordon Burditt
6/5/06
Read Re: SF: Finally, surrogate factoring
Sebastian Gottschalk
6/5/06
Read Re: SF: Finally, surrogate factoring
dkguru
6/5/06
Read Re: SF: Finally, surrogate factoring
Ed Weir \(ComCast\)
6/5/06
Read Re: SF: Finally, surrogate factoring
Abstract Dissonance
6/5/06
Read Re: SF: Finally, surrogate factoring
Andrew Swallow
gjedwards@gmail.com
6/5/06
Read Re: SF: Finally, surrogate factoring
Salami Man
6/5/06
Read Re: SF: Finally, surrogate factoring
Gib Bogle
6/6/06
Read Re: SF: Finally, surrogate factoring
TC
6/6/06
marc.t.davies@gmail.com
6/5/06
Read Re: SF: Finally, surrogate factoring
gjedwards@gmail.com
6/5/06
Read Re: SF: Finally, surrogate factoring
LarryLard
6/5/06
Read Re: SF: Finally, surrogate factoring
William L. Bahn
6/5/06
Read Re: SF: Finally, surrogate factoring
Richard Henry
6/5/06
Read Re: SF: Finally, surrogate factoring
Salami Man
6/5/06
Read Re: SF: Finally, surrogate factoring
Bob Marlow
6/5/06
Read Re: SF: Finally, surrogate factoring
Bob Marlow
6/5/06
Read Re: SF: Finally, surrogate factoring
none
6/5/06
Read Re: SF: Finally, surrogate factoring
rossum
6/5/06
Read Re: SF: Finally, surrogate factoring
Rick Decker
jshsucks@yahoo.com
[...]
6/7/06
Read Re: JSH: SF: Finally, surrogate factoring
David C. Ullrich
6/7/06
Read Re: JSH: SF: Finally, surrogate factoring
Rick Decker
6/7/06
Read Re: JSH: SF: Finally, surrogate factoring
Jesse F. Hughes
6/7/06
Read Re: JSH: SF: Finally, surrogate factoring
Rick Decker
6/8/06
Read Re: JSH: SF: Finally, surrogate factoring
David C. Ullrich
6/7/06
Read Re: JSH: SF: Finally, surrogate factoring
Bertie Reed
6/6/06
Read Re: JSH: SF: Finally, surrogate factoring
JAMES HARRIS
6/6/06
Read Re: JSH: SF: Finally, surrogate factoring
JAMES HARRIS
6/7/06
Read Re: JSH: SF: Finally, surrogate factoring
Rick Decker
6/7/06
Read Re: JSH: SF: Finally, surrogate factoring
Tim Peters
6/7/06
Read Re: JSH: SF: Finally, surrogate factoring
Rick Decker
6/8/06
Read Re: JSH: SF: Finally, surrogate factoring
JAMES HARRIS
6/8/06
Read Re: JSH: SF: Finally, surrogate factoring
Jose Carlos Santos
6/8/06
Read Re: JSH: SF: Finally, surrogate factoring
Rick Decker
6/8/06
Read Re: JSH: SF: Finally, surrogate factoring
LarryLard
6/8/06
Read Re: JSH: SF: Finally, surrogate factoring
David Bernier
6/8/06
Read Re: JSH: SF: Finally, surrogate factoring
Rick Decker
6/9/06
Read Re: JSH: SF: Finally, surrogate factoring
Tim Peters
6/9/06
Read Re: JSH: SF: Finally, surrogate factoring
david250@gmail.com
6/9/06
Read Re: JSH: SF: Finally, surrogate factoring
marcus_b
6/8/06
Read Re: JSH: SF: Finally, surrogate factoring
Richard Henry
6/8/06
Read Re: JSH: SF: Finally, surrogate factoring
jshsucks@yahoo.com
6/8/06
Read Re: JSH: SF: Finally, surrogate factoring
Paul Sperry
6/8/06
Read Re: JSH: SF: Finally, surrogate factoring
LarryLard
6/8/06
Read Re: JSH: SF: Finally, surrogate factoring
Denis Feldmann
6/8/06
Read Re: JSH: SF: Finally, surrogate factoring
David Bernier
6/8/06
Read Re: JSH: SF: Finally, surrogate factoring
David C. Ullrich
6/8/06
Read Re: JSH: SF: Finally, surrogate factoring
David Moran
6/8/06
Read Re: JSH: SF: Finally, surrogate factoring
David Bernier
6/8/06
Read Re: JSH: SF: Finally, surrogate factoring
Tim Peters
6/8/06
Read Re: JSH: SF: Finally, surrogate factoring
Proginoskes
6/10/06
Read Re: JSH: SF: Finally, surrogate factoring
Tim Peters
6/10/06
Read Re: JSH: SF: Finally, surrogate factoring
Tim Peters
6/6/06
Read Respect
gjedwards@gmail.com