Topic: nomogram
Replies: 1   Last Post: Jul 12, 2006 9:43 AM

Old Mac User

Re: nomogram

No, we do not "always use beta = 0.1.

Question:

Are you doing this work stirctly around the matter of testing whether
there is a "real difference" between two averages? Something that
would eventually lead to a Student t-test? If so, there's a simple
equation for estimating the proper sample size for a particular choice
of alpha and beta. OMU