The Math Forum

Topic: Set Theory: Should you believe?
Replies: 778   Last Post: Aug 8, 2006 12:02 PM

Gerry Myerson

Re: Set Theory: Should you believe?

In article <1152816930.803396.157770@m73g2000cwd.googlegroups.com>,
"Gene Ward Smith" <genewardsmith@gmail.com> wrote:

> george wrote:
>

> > Shut up. You don't know Norm, either.
>
> They are both live in Sydney, so he probably does know him or has at
> least met him. I suspect his views have been influenced by something
> more than the feeble contents of Wildberger's diatribe.

For what it's worth, I have met Norm. In the past, we have shared
an interest in Gaussian periods. We have never discussed set theory.

To the best of my knowledge, I haven't ever met george,
and, if he is as repulsive in person as he is on Usenet,
I hope I never do. I certainly have no intention of responding
to his foul posts.

My experience on Usenet has been that, by and large, it is
the cranks and trolls who resort to shouting, name-calling,
and other rude behavior. Between george and Norm, who is
displaying more crankish traits?

--
Gerry Myerson (gerry@maths.mq.edi.ai) (i -> u for email)

Date Subject Author