The Math Forum

Topic: Set Theory: Should you believe?
Replies: 778   Last Post: Aug 8, 2006 12:02 PM

Gene Ward Smith

Re: Set Theory: Should you believe?

Hatto von Aquitanien wrote:
> Gene Ward Smith wrote:
> > Hatto von Aquitanien wrote:

> >> If we consider the
> >> set of integers rather than natural numbers, I ask what it means to
> >> rotate the members of that set to the left or right.

> > Your question is gibberish.

> The question has clear meaning when discussing finite ordered sets.

Sets are not ordered, nor are the integers finite. Your question is
gibberish.

If you
> don't understand what it means, the I will be happy to explain it to you.
> This might help:
>
> http://documents.wolfram.com/mathematica/functions/RotateLeft

You understand very little, and certainly not how ignorant you are. If
you want to talk about tuples, then you must say so. You cannot simply
call them sets because you feel like it, because you are so arrogant
that you think other people should adopt your usages and usen telepathy
to uncover what they are, or simply because you are ignorant
of the real meaning and too dishonest to admit it when called on that.

You are basically acting like a troll on sci.math, whether that is your
intent or not, and your arrogance and bad manners are not helping.

Date Subject Author
7/12/06
Read Set Theory: Should you believe?
Norman Wildberger