The Math Forum

Topic: Set Theory: Should you believe?
Replies: 778   Last Post: Aug 8, 2006 12:02 PM

Hatto von Aquitanien

Re: Set Theory: Should you believe?

Gene Ward Smith wrote:

> Hatto von Aquitanien wrote:

>> Gene Ward Smith wrote:

>> > Your question is gibberish.

>> The question has clear meaning when discussing finite ordered sets.

> Sets are not ordered, nor are the integers finite. Your question is
> gibberish.

They are when I specifically stated that the set under discussion were well
ordered, and even posted a formal definition of what well ordered means.

"With a *well* *ordered* *finite* *set* , we can count from either
end.  Reversing the order makes sense, etc.  We can't do that with infinite
sets."

--
Nil conscire sibi

Date Subject Author