The Math Forum

Topic: Set Theory: Should you believe?
Replies: 778   Last Post: Aug 8, 2006 12:02 PM

Virgil

Re: Set Theory: Should you believe?

In article <6p8tb21arem1olikmvrfpidkg9j4b1r1tb@4ax.com>,
Lester Zick <DontBother@nowhere.net> wrote:

> On Wed, 19 Jul 2006 03:56:06 GMT, Nam Nguyen <namducnguyen@shaw.ca>
> wrote:
>

> >Lester Zick wrote:

> >> Well, Nam, without going on endlessly I would like to ask if arguments
> >> based on "absolute truth" are indeed futile, are arguments based on
> >> "absolute falseness" necessarily equally futile?

> >It's equally futile! To the extend that you (or anyone) could
> >"know"/"define" something as "absolute", then it's already relative.

> Not if the absolute falseness can be used to demonstrate the universal
> truth. Then the truth proven is only relative to absolute falseness.

But where does one find this alleged absolute falseness? Does Zeck have
any concrete examples of this mysterious substance?

Date Subject Author
7/12/06
Read Set Theory: Should you believe?
Norman Wildberger