The Math Forum

Topic: Set Theory: Should you believe?
Replies: 778   Last Post: Aug 8, 2006 12:02 PM

Virgil

Re: Set Theory: Should you believe?

In article <1153375340.701157.283500@s13g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
ytyourclothes@p.zapto.org wrote:

> Virgil wrote:
>

> > Any "absolute truth" that is totally independent of any assumptions.
> >
> > At least he has never shown us any.

> Let me do the dirty deed and show you one:
> http://unwantedinsights.blogspot.com/2006/05/absolute-certainty.html
>
> Nothing whatsoever has to be assumed to state "I am".
> This is called "self-awareness". You should try it some day.

That is the most subjective of truths, and as such is not an absolute.

One can only assume, not absolutely know, that anyone else is self-aware
enough to possess that subjective "truth" "I am".

Date Subject Author
7/12/06
Read Set Theory: Should you believe?
Norman Wildberger