The Math Forum

Topic: Set Theory: Should you believe?
Replies: 778   Last Post: Aug 8, 2006 12:02 PM

Virgil

Re: Set Theory: Should you believe?

In article <utavb2tsrf1vme8aijr4a59bp5q450ks98@4ax.com>,
Lester Zick <DontBother@nowhere.net> wrote:

> On Wed, 19 Jul 2006 21:32:14 -0600, Virgil <virgil@comcast.net> wrote:

> >> Well if there's one thing I detest more than assumptions of truth it's
> >> metastasis of convictions when one is actually dealing instead with
> >> demonstrations of truth.

> >As Zick has not demonstrated any truths

> Neither have you, sport.

AS I am the one doubting the existence of any such things as absolute
truths or absolute falsehoods, my lack of demonstrating the existence of
any such thing supports my position.

As Zich is the one affirming their existence, his lack of demonstration
tends to weaken his position.

> All we've dealt with so far is set theory as
> a faith based institution of doddering ineptitude.

Zick has illustrated doddering ineptitude by his own performance, but
that ineptitude has not been up much of anything else.

Date Subject Author
7/12/06
Read Set Theory: Should you believe?
Norman Wildberger