The Math Forum

Topic: Set Theory: Should you believe?
Replies: 778   Last Post: Aug 8, 2006 12:02 PM

Virgil

Re: Set Theory: Should you believe?

In article <q810c29ku2cuf8h8u0p22semlvsgg19v5o@4ax.com>,
Lester Zick <DontBother@nowhere.net> wrote:

> On Thu, 20 Jul 2006 13:02:37 -0600, Virgil <virgil@comcast.net> wrote:
>

> >In article <utavb2tsrf1vme8aijr4a59bp5q450ks98@4ax.com>,

> >> Neither have you, sport.

> >AS I am the one doubting the existence of any such things as absolute
> >truths or absolute falsehoods,

> A veritable doubting Thomas.
>

> > my lack of demonstrating the
> > existence of
> >any such thing supports my position.

> Well let's just say your lack of production in this regard doesn't
> support much of anything including your position.
>

> >As Zich is the one affirming their existence, his lack of demonstration
> >tends to weaken his position.

> But you've already admitted my general claim defies your critical
> capacity.

Zick again exhibits his penchant for seeing things which do not exist.
I am critical of your general claim, as you have not been able to
bolster it with anything other than mere restatement of the claim itself.

> >> All we've dealt with so far is set theory as
> >> a faith based institution of doddering ineptitude.

Don't be so hard on yourself, Zick.

Date Subject Author
7/12/06
Read Set Theory: Should you believe?