The Math Forum

Topic: Set Theory: Should you believe?
Replies: 778   Last Post: Aug 8, 2006 12:02 PM

Virgil

Re: Set Theory: Should you believe?

In article <6509c2lug8ei7rgd0mha4anco14lm954i1@4ax.com>,
Lester Zick <DontBother@nowhere.net> wrote:

> On Sun, 23 Jul 2006 21:25:43 -0600, Virgil <virgil@comcast.net> wrote:
>

> >In article <uta8c2lr3ou7bnt4qb3ssfg0noflr3j9js@4ax.com>,

> >> Your system like that of all mathematikers is what can be derived from
> >> what beliefs.

> >It is false beliefs like that that typify Zick's postings.

> What false beliefs? The beliefs you believe are false beliefs because
> you're too lazy or stupid to demonstrate whether what you believe are
> true beliefs but continue to believe them anyway?

What "beliefs" does Zick claim to know I have?

My only relevant belief is that what can be deduced from a set of axioms
can be deduced from that set of axioms. If that is what Zick believes is
a false belief, then it is his belief that are false.

Date Subject Author
7/12/06
Read Set Theory: Should you believe?
Norman Wildberger