Topic: Too Little, Too Late? WSJ on the NCTM
Replies: 32   Last Post: Sep 23, 2006 3:15 AM

Haim

Re: Too Little, Too Late? WSJ on the NCTM

Charlie writes:
>Judging from the facilities and the designation as a
>nationally recognized Carnegie School, it seems safe to
>estimate that this school's methodology and resources
>probably don't translate easily to most communities
>where the subscription rate to the Wall Street Journal
>is average or below, and that the particular choice of
>math curriculm is probably just one of many factors
>correlating with their test scores.

This is not about Garfield methodology and resources. The entire article was about movement in the other direction. I.e., no one is looking to translate Garfield methodology and resources to other communities. Rather, Garfield is importing methodology from another community, viz., Singapore.

The question, then, is how would Singapore methodology translate to the school you have in mind?

Haim
Je me souviens

Date Subject Author
9/12/06
Read Too Little, Too Late? WSJ on the NCTM
Bishop, Wayne
9/12/06
Read Re: Too Little, Too Late? WSJ on the NCTM
Michael Paul Goldenberg
9/12/06
Read Re: Too Little, Too Late? WSJ on the NCTM
Ralph A. Raimi
9/13/06
Read Re: Too Little, Too Late? WSJ on the NCTM
Michael Paul Goldenberg
9/13/06
Read Re: Too Little, Too Late? WSJ on the NCTM
Bishop, Wayne
9/12/06
Read Re: Too Little, Too Late? WSJ on the NCTM
Haim
9/13/06
Read Re: Too Little, Too Late? WSJ on the NCTM
Michael Paul Goldenberg
9/13/06
Read Re: Too Little, Too Late? WSJ on the NCTM
Suzanne
9/13/06
Read Re: Too Little, Too Late? WSJ on the NCTM
Bishop, Wayne
9/13/06
Read Re: Too Little, Too Late? WSJ on the NCTM
Bishop, Wayne
9/14/06
Read Re: Too Little, Too Late? WSJ on the NCTM
Haim
9/14/06
Read Re: Too Little, Too Late? WSJ on the NCTM
Victor Steinbok
9/20/06
Read Re: Too Little, Too Late? WSJ on the NCTM
Charlie Heath
9/20/06
Read Re: Too Little, Too Late? WSJ on the NCTM
Haim
9/21/06
Read Re: Too Little, Too Late? WSJ on the NCTM
Charlie Heath
9/21/06
Read Re: Too Little, Too Late? WSJ on the NCTM
Kirby Urner
9/20/06
Read Re: Too Little, Too Late? WSJ on the NCTM
Dave L. Renfro
9/20/06
Read Re: Too Little, Too Late? WSJ on the NCTM
Dave L. Renfro
9/20/06
Read Re: Too Little, Too Late? WSJ on the NCTM
Kirby Urner
9/21/06
Read Re: Too Little, Too Late? WSJ on the NCTM
Dave L. Renfro
9/21/06
Read Re: Too Little, Too Late? WSJ on the NCTM
Kirby Urner
9/22/06
Read Re: Too Little, Too Late? WSJ on the NCTM
Bishop, Wayne
9/22/06
Read Re: Too Little, Too Late? WSJ on the NCTM
Michael Paul Goldenberg
9/22/06
Read Re: Too Little, Too Late? WSJ on the NCTM
Paul A. Tanner III
9/22/06
Read (MEAP vs. ACT) was: Re: Too Little, Too Late? WSJ on the NCTM
Richard Strausz
9/22/06
Read Re: Too Little, Too Late? WSJ on the NCTM
Victor Steinbok
9/20/06
Read Re: Too Little, Too Late? WSJ on the NCTM
Bishop, Wayne
9/21/06
Read Re: Too Little, Too Late? WSJ on the NCTM
Victor Steinbok
9/21/06
Read Re: Too Little, Too Late? WSJ on the NCTM
Richard Strausz
9/23/06