The Math Forum

Topic: squaring a circle
Replies: 18   Last Post: Jan 3, 2012 12:22 PM

Prai Jei

Re: squaring a circle

"vsvasan" <vsvasan@md4.vsnl.net.in> wrote in message

> Sub: Unsolvabve Geometrical Problems
> Squaring a given circle is unsolvable . There are volumes of pages on

the subject which I have read - from Archimedes to SrinivasaRamanujan.
> Well! I have found out a solution. Could not believe it ? My logic is
very simple.
> "Pi" is an irrational number. So is square root of 2. There is a simple
geometrical construction to solve for square root of 2. Similarly I have
developed a simple geometrical construction to solve for "pi".
> My question is Where to send it? Is there any Maths Forum where I can
present my papers and answer questions of the experts?

Try sending it to James Harris to verify : )

--
Paul V. S. Townsend
Interchange the alphabetic elements to reply