Topic: JSH: Math is cruel
Replies: 27   Last Post: Nov 18, 2006 1:44 PM

narasimham

Re: Math is cruel

---------
------
> > It is human nature to rail against cruel fate. It is human nature to
> > push against the rules when they burn. It is human nature to deny
> > truths that hurt.
> > But it is reality that always wins in the end.
> > James Harris

> Math is cruel if you don't know anything about it, like you. Tell me, why do
> you refuse to learn anything? Apparently, you like to be known as a
> crackpot.
>
> Dave

May be there is something in what a fearful,unprogressive and a
cornered mind tells itself... the thoughts, the psychology.

" I cannot,nay,I don't want to learn anything new "

" I am sure of what I know. I am secure with what I know.What I don't
know is a risk.It is like losing capital in business.If I don't
understand that new stuff or aspect, that's putting me further down
again. Knowing more is always such pain "

" Knowing more of detailed information that others are better at, it's
their forte, so is a potential loss,so it is a defeat to me either way
"

" If I learn a new thing, I lost an issue by by the very action of
leaving the old, and that is my defeat already anyway, so let me stick
to my guns. Others just don't understand! "