Topic: Need German equivalent of "crank"
Replies: 44   Last Post: Dec 3, 2006 5:58 AM

Gottfried Helms

Re: Need German equivalent of "crank"

Am 27.11.2006 15:09 schrieb Larry Hammick:
> Any native German speakers in the house? I'm looking for the German
> equivalent, if there is one, of "crank", in the usual sci.math sense of
> that word.
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Crank_%28person%29
> Crankosity, despite its great importance and worldwide prevalence, is
> treated at Wikipedia only in English, Danish, and Chinese. Now this
> room is full of experts on the subject, from all over the globe. Get to
> work, you guys.

Hmm, we are still behind the time, I'm afraid.
We -if not using the english word- still say:
"someone is sick/ill,'Krank'", we are not already
at the point to have a static noun for the
attribute/adjective of a process...

;-)

And I don't believe, such noun will be introduced,
since your nice english word "crank" sounds unsur-
passable precise and already full of associations
to the point...

Gottfried Helms

Date Subject Author
11/27/06
Read Need German equivalent of "crank"
Larry Hammick
11/27/06
Read Re: Need German equivalent of "crank"
Gottfried Helms
11/27/06
Read Re: Need German equivalent of "crank"
Iain Davidson
11/27/06
Read Re: Need German equivalent of "crank"
Helmut Richter
11/27/06
Read Re: Need German equivalent of "crank"
Bart Goddard
11/27/06
Read Re: Need German equivalent of "crank"
Dave Seaman
11/27/06
Read Re: Need German equivalent of "crank"
Helmut Richter
11/27/06
Read Re: Need German equivalent of "crank"
Iain Davidson
11/28/06
Read Re: Need German equivalent of "crank"
Helmut Richter
11/27/06
Read Re: Need German equivalent of "crank"
Jan Kristian Haugland
11/27/06
Read Re: Need German equivalent of "crank"
Dik T. Winter
11/29/06
Read Re: Need German equivalent of "crank"
Nick
11/27/06
Read Re: Need German equivalent of "crank"
marcus_b
11/27/06
Read Re: Need German equivalent of "crank"
Hero
11/27/06
Read Re: Need German equivalent of "crank"
Nick
11/27/06
Read Re: Need German equivalent of "crank"
Larry Hammick
11/27/06
Read Re: Need German equivalent of "crank"
Dennis Ritchie
11/28/06
Read Re: Need German equivalent of "crank"
marcus_b
11/28/06
Read Re: Need German equivalent of "crank"
Michael Press
11/28/06
Read Re: Need German equivalent of "crank"
Larry Hammick
11/29/06
Read Re: Need German equivalent of "crank"
Michael Press
11/27/06
Read Re: Need German equivalent of "crank"
Pubkeybreaker
11/27/06
Read Re: Need German equivalent of "crank"
Randy Poe
11/27/06
Read Re: Need German equivalent of "crank"
Gottfried Helms
11/27/06
Read Re: Need German equivalent of "crank"
Robert Israel
11/28/06
Read Re: Need German equivalent of "crank"
Dik T. Winter
11/27/06
Read Re: Need German equivalent of "crank"
Gerry Myerson
11/27/06
Read Re: Need German equivalent of "crank"
Nick
11/27/06
Read Re: Need German equivalent of "crank"
Iain Davidson
11/29/06
Read Re: Need German equivalent of "crank"
Nick
12/1/06
Read Re: Need German equivalent of "crank"
Iain Davidson
12/1/06
Read Re: Need German equivalent of "crank"
Gottfried Helms
11/28/06
Read Re: Need German equivalent of "crank"
BDH
11/28/06
Read Re: Need German equivalent of "crank"
galathaea
11/28/06
Read Re: Need German equivalent of "crank"
Proginoskes
11/29/06
Read Re: Need German equivalent of "crank"
Nick
11/29/06
Read Re: Need German equivalent of "crank"
ZZBunker
11/30/06
Read Re: Need German equivalent of "crank"
Nick
11/30/06
Read Re: Need German equivalent of "crank"
ZZBunker
12/1/06
Read Re: Need German equivalent of "crank"
Nick
12/1/06
Read Re: Need German equivalent of "crank"
Nick
12/2/06
Read Re: Need German equivalent of "crank"
Hauke Reddmann
12/2/06
Read Re: Need German equivalent of "crank"
Nick
12/2/06
Read Re: Need German equivalent of "crank"
Bart Goddard
12/3/06