Topic: Question about trapezoids
Replies: 7   Last Post: Jul 8, 2008 5:13 AM

Ed Wall

Re: Question about trapezoids

This is sort of what is being said below: Okay, draw your isosceles
triangle. Chose a length a little longer than the base and using, for
example, B as a center draw a circle intersecting AC at two points.
Label E the one nearer to C. Taking C as a center and using the same
length do the same for BA; however, label D the one nearer to A. Now
DC and BE are certainly equal, but is BCED an isosceles trapezoid (I
notice you are talking about BCDE so perhaps I misunderstand)?

Ed Wall