Topic: Is continuum completely filled up?
Replies: 610   Last Post: Jun 9, 2012 10:57 AM

ooo

Re: Is continuum completely filled up?

"G.E. Ivey" <george.ivey@gallaudet.edu> wrote in message

> > In this case also ,the process doesn't end.I
> > understand your argument,and
> > understand Cantor's argumment,but still now I wonder
> > that all reals are
> > listed?

> Perhaps I am misunderstanding but the whole point of Cantor's argument
is that the set of all reals CAN'T be "listed": that is cannot be put in a
list so that we could label the numbers 1, 2, 3, ...

Yes, that the set of all reals can't be listed, is what Cantor intended.That
I mentioned to Cantor was inapropriate. And about my statement above that
all reals are listed ,I admit my argument was mistaken. My question is
wheathr what cannot be numbered really exist or not.

> >We cannot take up all reals arbitralily for
> > the reason that even if
> > we take up any real number ,there is larger real
> > number.

> Which just says that the set of all real numbers is unbounded. That
happens to also be true for the set on integers and doesn't have anything to
do with your argument up to this point.

Sorry, my explanation was not good. And though it stands for in the meaning
you said above, what I wanted to say ,is that we can only take up countable
reals from among all reals. And we can only say about the rest of reals,that
they exist,but cannot discribe them in any way.

> > And yet the amount of members of set (?) are
> > compared.

> What do you mean by "compared"? Compared to what?
>

> > > You believe there is, but it does not follow from
> > the
> > > mathematics. It follows from something else.
> > >
> > > - Randy
> > >

> > Regards

Regards OT

Date Subject Author
12/26/06
Read Is continuum completely filled up?
ooo
12/26/06
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
[Mr.] Lynn Kurtz
12/27/06
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
Virgil
1/2/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
Han de Bruijn
1/2/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
David C. Ullrich
1/2/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
Han de Bruijn
1/2/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
Virgil
2/13/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
Fede Ferreres
1/3/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
David C. Ullrich
1/2/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
Virgil
12/27/06
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
David Marcus
12/27/06
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
William Elliot
12/27/06
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
ooo
12/27/06
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
Randy Poe
12/27/06
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
ooo
12/27/06
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
Randy Poe
12/28/06
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
ooo
12/30/06
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
G.E. Ivey
1/1/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
ooo
12/27/06
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
Dave Seaman
12/28/06
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
ooo
12/28/06
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
Dave Seaman
12/28/06
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
tinyurl.com/uh3t
12/28/06
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
Dave Seaman
12/30/06
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
ooo
12/30/06
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
Dave Seaman
12/30/06
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
ooo
12/30/06
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
Dave Seaman
12/31/06
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
ooo
12/31/06
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
Dave Seaman
1/1/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
ooo
1/1/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
Dave Seaman
1/2/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
ooo
1/2/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
Dave Seaman
1/3/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
ooo
1/16/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
Eckard Blumschein
1/16/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
ooo
1/16/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
Virgil
1/31/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
Eckard Blumschein
1/31/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
David Marcus
2/2/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
ooo
2/2/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
Dave Seaman
2/3/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
ooo
2/2/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
ooo
2/13/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
Fede Ferreres
2/13/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
Dave Seaman
2/13/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
Fede Ferreres
1/10/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
Anonym1723
1/10/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
Dave Seaman
1/15/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
Anonym1723
1/15/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
Dave Seaman
12/28/06
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
tinyurl.com/uh3t
12/28/06
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
Dave Seaman
12/28/06
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
Dave Seaman
2/13/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
Fede Ferreres
12/27/06
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
kunzmilan@atlas.cz
12/27/06
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
Hero
12/27/06
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
ooo
12/27/06
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
Hero
1/3/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
ooo
1/3/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
Hero
1/3/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
Hero
1/4/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
ooo
12/27/06
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
ooo
12/27/06
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
David R Tribble
12/27/06
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
Hero
12/29/06
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
Hero
12/28/06
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
ooo
12/28/06
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
Jonathan Hoyle
1/3/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
ooo
12/27/06
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
mathedman@hotmail.com.CUT
12/27/06
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
Richard Tobin
12/28/06
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
ooo
12/28/06
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
Richard Tobin
12/29/06
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
ooo
12/30/06
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
DontBother@nowhere.net
12/30/06
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
ooo
12/31/06
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
DontBother@nowhere.net
1/1/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
ooo
1/1/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
DontBother@nowhere.net
1/2/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
ooo
2/1/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
ooo
1/30/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
ooo
1/30/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
Dave Seaman
1/30/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
magidin@math.berkeley.edu
1/30/07
[...]
guenther.vonKnakspott@gmx.de
12/30/06
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
Saurav Bhaumik
12/30/06
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
ooo
1/4/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
sannsuu
1/5/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
ooo
1/8/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
ooo
1/7/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
Tony Orlow
12/30/06
[...]
Lee Rudolph
1/2/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
Dave Seaman
1/3/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
ooo
1/3/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
Dave Seaman
1/3/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
ooo
1/2/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
Dave L. Renfro
2/1/07
[...]
Dr. David Kirkby
1/2/07
[...]
1/12/07
[...]
1/9/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
Tony Orlow
1/9/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
Virgil
1/9/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
David Marcus
1/9/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
Tony Orlow
1/9/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
Virgil
1/9/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
David Marcus
1/10/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
Tony Orlow
1/11/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
Virgil
1/11/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
David Marcus
1/10/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
Tony Orlow
1/10/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
David Marcus
1/10/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
Virgil
1/10/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
Jack Markan
1/12/07
[...]
Chas Brown
1/13/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
ooo
1/12/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
ooo
1/13/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
David Marcus
1/13/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
ooo
1/13/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
Hero
1/14/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
ooo
1/14/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
David Marcus
1/15/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
ooo
1/15/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
David Marcus
1/16/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
Michael Stemper
1/16/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
David Marcus
1/16/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
ooo
1/16/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
David Marcus
1/17/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
ooo
1/17/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
David Marcus
1/21/07
[...]
1/18/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
ooo
1/18/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
David Marcus
1/20/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
ooo
1/21/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
ooo
1/21/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
David Marcus
1/21/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
Dave Seaman
1/27/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
sannsuu
1/27/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
David Marcus
1/21/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
David Marcus
1/18/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
ooo
1/18/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
David Marcus
1/17/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
Andy Smith
1/17/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
Russell Blackadar
1/17/07
[...]
Denis Feldmann
1/18/07
[...]
Jason Orendorff
1/18/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
David Marcus
1/18/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
David Marcus
1/21/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
Andy Smith
1/21/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
Dave Seaman
1/21/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
Andy Smith
1/21/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
Dave Seaman
1/22/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
ooo
1/22/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
David Marcus
1/22/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
Dave Seaman
1/22/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
Lee Rudolph
1/22/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
Dave Seaman
1/23/07
[...]
G. Frege
1/21/07
[...]
1/24/07
[...]
1/25/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
ooo
1/25/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
Dave Seaman
1/25/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
ooo
1/25/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
Dave Seaman
1/24/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
Jack Markan
1/24/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
Andy Smith
1/25/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
Jack Markan
1/26/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
ooo
1/26/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
Dave Seaman
1/24/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
Virgil
1/27/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
ooo
1/27/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
Dave Seaman
1/28/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
ooo
1/28/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
Dave Seaman
1/28/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
ooo
1/28/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
Dave Seaman
6/9/12
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
ooo
1/28/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
David Marcus
6/9/12
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
ooo
1/29/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
ooo
1/29/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
Dave Seaman
1/30/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
albrecht
1/30/07
[...]
2/5/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
albrecht
2/5/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
Virgil
2/5/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
albrecht
2/5/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
Rolf Albinger
2/16/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
albrecht
2/16/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
Virgil
2/19/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
albrecht
2/22/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
ooo
2/22/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
Dave Seaman
2/24/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
ooo
2/26/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
Randy Poe
2/26/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
Jack Markan
2/24/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
ooo
2/24/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
Dave Seaman
2/26/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
ooo
2/26/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
Dave Seaman
2/27/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
Jonathan Hoyle
2/27/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
John Jones
2/27/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
Jonathan Hoyle
2/27/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
John Jones
2/28/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
Jonathan Hoyle
2/28/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
bogus address
3/1/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
Jonathan Hoyle
3/3/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
ooo
3/4/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
ooo
3/7/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
ooo
3/10/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
ooo
3/10/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
David Marcus
3/12/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
ooo
3/12/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
David Marcus
3/12/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
Jonathan Hoyle
3/16/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
ooo
3/17/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
Jonathan Hoyle
3/22/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
ooo
3/23/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
Jonathan Hoyle
3/29/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
Saurav Bhaumik
3/30/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
albrecht
3/30/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
ooo
3/30/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
Randy Poe
3/30/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
Randy Poe
3/31/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
Jonathan Hoyle
4/5/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
ooo
4/5/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
Randy Poe
4/5/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
Jack Markan
4/5/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
Randy Poe
4/12/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
ooo
4/12/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
Jack Markan
7/16/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
ooo
7/16/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
Randy Poe
7/18/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
albrecht
7/16/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
ooo
7/16/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
zhentil
3/4/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
Jonathan Hoyle
3/4/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
David Marcus
3/4/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
David Marcus
2/28/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
Michael Press
2/28/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
ooo
2/28/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
Randy Poe
2/28/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
Jack Markan
3/2/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
ooo
3/2/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
Dave Seaman
3/2/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
David Marcus
3/3/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
Ross Finlayson
3/4/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
David Marcus
3/7/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
ooo
3/7/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
Jonathan Hoyle
3/7/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
David Marcus
2/28/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
ooo
2/28/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
Jack Markan
3/1/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
Aatu Koskensilta
2/28/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
Saurav Bhaumik
2/22/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
ooo
2/22/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
Randy Poe
2/1/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
Virgil
2/2/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
albrecht
2/2/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
Virgil
2/2/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
David Marcus
2/6/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
albrecht
2/6/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
Virgil
2/6/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
G. Frege
2/12/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
albrecht
2/12/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
Virgil
2/5/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
albrecht
2/6/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
ooo
2/6/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
Richard Tobin
2/6/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
ooo
2/6/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
David Marcus
2/15/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
ooo
2/15/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
Dave Seaman
2/6/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
Dave Seaman
2/7/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
ooo
2/7/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
G. Frege
2/7/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
Dave Seaman
2/7/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
ooo
2/7/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
David Marcus
2/8/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
ooo
2/10/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
Chas Brown
2/10/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
ooo
2/10/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
David Marcus
2/11/07
[...]
2/9/07
[...]
2/14/07
[...]
Mike Kelly
1/9/07
[...]
1/6/07
[...]
Zim Olson
1/30/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
LEE TWAT INGRAM
2/6/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
tinyurl.com/uh3t
2/6/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
ooo
2/7/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
jcastro
2/13/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
Martin Semerád
2/13/07
[...]
2/17/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
ooo
2/17/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
David Marcus
2/20/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
ooo
2/20/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
David Marcus
2/20/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
ooo
2/20/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
Dave Seaman
2/16/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
David Marcus
2/18/07