Topic: Is continuum completely filled up?
Replies: 610   Last Post: Jun 9, 2012 10:57 AM

David Marcus

Re: Is continuum completely filled up?

toshiaki wrote:
> "David Marcus" <DavidMarcus@alumdotmit.edu> wrote in message

> > toshiaki wrote:
> > > My question is that why selfreferential statement is permited as theorem of
> > > mathematics.

> > Why shouldn't it be?

> I cannot judge about it now.
> When we use the liar's statement in ordinary conversation, it only leads to
> nonsence contradiction.

Luckily, math isn't the same as ordinary conversation. The best
explanation I've seen of the Liar's Paradox was in the journal
Mathematical Intelligencer. Basically, the author showed that the Liar's
Paradox is analogous to assuming that an equation without a solution has
a solution.

> Though ZF excluded Russel's paradox and other paradoxes from its system, why
> doesn't it inhibit
> to use this statement to prove the incompleteness theorem?

The proof of the incompleteness theorem has some similarity to the
Liar's Paradox, but it isn't the same. Instead of saying "I am not
true", you only say, "I am not provable". If provable statements must be
true, you can conclude that you are true.

> I'm afraid that this is nonsensical question?

More sensible than some of the other things you've said.

--
David Marcus

Date Subject Author
12/26/06
Read Is continuum completely filled up?
ooo
12/26/06
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
[Mr.] Lynn Kurtz
12/27/06
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
Virgil
1/2/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
Han de Bruijn
1/2/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
David C. Ullrich
1/2/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
Han de Bruijn
1/2/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
Virgil
2/13/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
Fede Ferreres
1/3/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
David C. Ullrich
1/2/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
Virgil
12/27/06
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
David Marcus
12/27/06
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
William Elliot
12/27/06
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
ooo
12/27/06
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
Randy Poe
12/27/06
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
ooo
12/27/06
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
Randy Poe
12/28/06
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
ooo
12/30/06
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
G.E. Ivey
1/1/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
ooo
12/27/06
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
Dave Seaman
12/28/06
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
ooo
12/28/06
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
Dave Seaman
12/28/06
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
tinyurl.com/uh3t
12/28/06
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
Dave Seaman
12/30/06
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
ooo
12/30/06
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
Dave Seaman
12/30/06
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
ooo
12/30/06
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
Dave Seaman
12/31/06
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
ooo
12/31/06
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
Dave Seaman
1/1/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
ooo
1/1/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
Dave Seaman
1/2/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
ooo
1/2/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
Dave Seaman
1/3/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
ooo
1/16/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
Eckard Blumschein
1/16/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
ooo
1/16/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
Virgil
1/31/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
Eckard Blumschein
1/31/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
David Marcus
2/2/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
ooo
2/2/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
Dave Seaman
2/3/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
ooo
2/2/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
ooo
2/13/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
Fede Ferreres
2/13/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
Dave Seaman
2/13/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
Fede Ferreres
1/10/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
Anonym1723
1/10/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
Dave Seaman
1/15/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
Anonym1723
1/15/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
Dave Seaman
12/28/06
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
tinyurl.com/uh3t
12/28/06
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
Dave Seaman
12/28/06
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
Dave Seaman
2/13/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
Fede Ferreres
12/27/06
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
kunzmilan@atlas.cz
12/27/06
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
Hero
12/27/06
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
ooo
12/27/06
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
Hero
1/3/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
ooo
1/3/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
Hero
1/3/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
Hero
1/4/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
ooo
12/27/06
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
ooo
12/27/06
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
David R Tribble
12/27/06
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
Hero
12/29/06
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
Hero
12/28/06
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
ooo
12/28/06
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
Jonathan Hoyle
1/3/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
ooo
12/27/06
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
mathedman@hotmail.com.CUT
12/27/06
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
Richard Tobin
12/28/06
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
ooo
12/28/06
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
Richard Tobin
12/29/06
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
ooo
12/30/06
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
DontBother@nowhere.net
12/30/06
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
ooo
12/31/06
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
DontBother@nowhere.net
1/1/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
ooo
1/1/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
DontBother@nowhere.net
1/2/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
ooo
2/1/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
ooo
1/30/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
ooo
1/30/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
Dave Seaman
1/30/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
magidin@math.berkeley.edu
1/30/07
[...]
guenther.vonKnakspott@gmx.de
12/30/06
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
Saurav Bhaumik
12/30/06
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
ooo
1/4/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
sannsuu
1/5/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
ooo
1/8/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
ooo
1/7/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
Tony Orlow
12/30/06
[...]
Lee Rudolph
1/2/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
Dave Seaman
1/3/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
ooo
1/3/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
Dave Seaman
1/3/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
ooo
1/2/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
Dave L. Renfro
2/1/07
[...]
Dr. David Kirkby
1/2/07
[...]
1/12/07
[...]
1/9/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
Tony Orlow
1/9/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
Virgil
1/9/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
David Marcus
1/9/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
Tony Orlow
1/9/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
Virgil
1/9/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
David Marcus
1/10/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
Tony Orlow
1/11/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
Virgil
1/11/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
David Marcus
1/10/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
Tony Orlow
1/10/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
David Marcus
1/10/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
Virgil
1/10/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
Jack Markan
1/12/07
[...]
Chas Brown
1/13/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
ooo
1/12/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
ooo
1/13/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
David Marcus
1/13/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
ooo
1/13/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
Hero
1/14/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
ooo
1/14/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
David Marcus
1/15/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
ooo
1/15/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
David Marcus
1/16/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
Michael Stemper
1/16/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
David Marcus
1/16/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
ooo
1/16/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
David Marcus
1/17/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
ooo
1/17/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
David Marcus
1/21/07
[...]
1/18/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
ooo
1/18/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
David Marcus
1/20/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
ooo
1/21/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
ooo
1/21/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
David Marcus
1/21/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
Dave Seaman
1/27/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
sannsuu
1/27/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
David Marcus
1/21/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
David Marcus
1/18/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
ooo
1/18/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
David Marcus
1/17/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
Andy Smith
1/17/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
Russell Blackadar
1/17/07
[...]
Denis Feldmann
1/18/07
[...]
Jason Orendorff
1/18/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
David Marcus
1/18/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
David Marcus
1/21/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
Andy Smith
1/21/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
Dave Seaman
1/21/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
Andy Smith
1/21/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
Dave Seaman
1/22/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
ooo
1/22/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
David Marcus
1/22/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
Dave Seaman
1/22/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
Lee Rudolph
1/22/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
Dave Seaman
1/23/07
[...]
G. Frege
1/21/07
[...]
1/24/07
[...]
1/25/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
ooo
1/25/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
Dave Seaman
1/25/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
ooo
1/25/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
Dave Seaman
1/24/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
Jack Markan
1/24/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
Andy Smith
1/25/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
Jack Markan
1/26/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
ooo
1/26/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
Dave Seaman
1/24/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
Virgil
1/27/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
ooo
1/27/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
Dave Seaman
1/28/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
ooo
1/28/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
Dave Seaman
1/28/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
ooo
1/28/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
Dave Seaman
6/9/12
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
ooo
1/28/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
David Marcus
6/9/12
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
ooo
1/29/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
ooo
1/29/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
Dave Seaman
1/30/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
albrecht
1/30/07
[...]
2/5/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
albrecht
2/5/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
Virgil
2/5/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
albrecht
2/5/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
Rolf Albinger
2/16/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
albrecht
2/16/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
Virgil
2/19/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
albrecht
2/22/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
ooo
2/22/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
Dave Seaman
2/24/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
ooo
2/26/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
Randy Poe
2/26/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
Jack Markan
2/24/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
ooo
2/24/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
Dave Seaman
2/26/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
ooo
2/26/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
Dave Seaman
2/27/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
Jonathan Hoyle
2/27/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
John Jones
2/27/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
Jonathan Hoyle
2/27/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
John Jones
2/28/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
Jonathan Hoyle
2/28/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
bogus address
3/1/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
Jonathan Hoyle
3/3/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
ooo
3/4/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
ooo
3/7/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
ooo
3/10/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
ooo
3/10/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
David Marcus
3/12/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
ooo
3/12/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
David Marcus
3/12/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
Jonathan Hoyle
3/16/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
ooo
3/17/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
Jonathan Hoyle
3/22/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
ooo
3/23/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
Jonathan Hoyle
3/29/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
Saurav Bhaumik
3/30/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
albrecht
3/30/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
ooo
3/30/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
Randy Poe
3/30/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
Randy Poe
3/31/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
Jonathan Hoyle
4/5/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
ooo
4/5/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
Randy Poe
4/5/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
Jack Markan
4/5/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
Randy Poe
4/12/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
ooo
4/12/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
Jack Markan
7/16/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
ooo
7/16/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
Randy Poe
7/18/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
albrecht
7/16/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
ooo
7/16/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
zhentil
3/4/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
Jonathan Hoyle
3/4/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
David Marcus
3/4/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
David Marcus
2/28/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
Michael Press
2/28/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
ooo
2/28/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
Randy Poe
2/28/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
Jack Markan
3/2/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
ooo
3/2/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
Dave Seaman
3/2/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
David Marcus
3/3/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
Ross Finlayson
3/4/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
David Marcus
3/7/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
ooo
3/7/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
Jonathan Hoyle
3/7/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
David Marcus
2/28/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
ooo
2/28/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
Jack Markan
3/1/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
Aatu Koskensilta
2/28/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
Saurav Bhaumik
2/22/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
ooo
2/22/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
Randy Poe
2/1/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
Virgil
2/2/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
albrecht
2/2/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
Virgil
2/2/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
David Marcus
2/6/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
albrecht
2/6/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
Virgil
2/6/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
G. Frege
2/12/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
albrecht
2/12/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
Virgil
2/5/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
albrecht
2/6/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
ooo
2/6/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
Richard Tobin
2/6/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
ooo
2/6/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
David Marcus
2/15/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
ooo
2/15/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
Dave Seaman
2/6/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
Dave Seaman
2/7/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
ooo
2/7/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
G. Frege
2/7/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
Dave Seaman
2/7/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
ooo
2/7/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
David Marcus
2/8/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
ooo
2/10/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
Chas Brown
2/10/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
ooo
2/10/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
David Marcus
2/11/07
[...]
2/9/07
[...]
2/14/07
[...]
Mike Kelly
1/9/07
[...]
1/6/07
[...]
Zim Olson
1/30/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
LEE TWAT INGRAM
2/6/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
tinyurl.com/uh3t
2/6/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
ooo
2/7/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
jcastro
2/13/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
Martin Semerád
2/13/07
[...]
2/17/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
ooo
2/17/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
David Marcus
2/20/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
ooo
2/20/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
David Marcus
2/20/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
ooo
2/20/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
Dave Seaman
2/16/07
Read Re: Is continuum completely filled up?
David Marcus
2/18/07