Replies: 55   Last Post: Feb 19, 2007 11:48 PM

Ralph A. Raimi

Re: [math-learn] Re: Transforming formulas
att1.html (11.2 K)

On Fri, 2 Feb 2007, elkashish wrote:

> Teacher: Last time we learned that a parameter is a quantity

What's a "quantity"?

that is
> fixed, but we don't know it's value, and therefore we write a letter
> (say a) and not a number. That parameter can get any value of course,
> depending on the conditions....

Ralph A. Raimi Tel. 585 275 4429 or (home) 585 244 9368
Dept. of Mathematics, Univ.of Rochester, Rochester, NY 14627
<http://www.math.rochester.edu/people/faculty/rarm>

Date Subject Author
1/28/07
Read [math-learn] Transforming formulas
Antonija Horvatek
1/28/07
Read Re: [math-learn] 'Simplifying', e.g.,
a 4th root destroys information (?!)
John Morse
1/28/07
Read Re: [math-learn] 'Simplifying', e.g., a 4th root destroys information (?!)
Zeev Wurman
1/28/07
Read Re: [math-learn] 'Simplifying', e.g., a 4th root destroys
information (?!)
Ed Wall
1/28/07
Read Re: [math-learn] 'Simplifying', e.g.,
a 4th root destroys information (?!)
Richard Sisley
1/29/07
Read Re: [math-learn] 'Simplifying', e.g., a 4th root destroysinformation (?!)
Rex Boggs
1/29/07
Read Re: [math-learn] Transforming formulas
Rex Boggs
1/29/07
Read Re: [math-learn] Transforming formulas
John Morse
1/29/07
Read Re: [math-learn] Transforming formulas
Chris
1/29/07
Read Re: [math-learn] 12+0, 11+1, 10+2 all lead to ... graph of a parabola
John Morse
1/29/07
Read [math-learn] Re: Transforming formulas
Antonija Horvatek
1/29/07
Read RE: [math-learn] Transforming formulas
John Clement
1/30/07
Read RE: [math-learn] Transforming formulas
Paul A. Tanner III
1/30/07
Read Re: [math-learn] Transforming formulas
Joshua Zucker
1/31/07
Read Re: [math-learn] Transforming formulas
Paul A. Tanner III
1/31/07
Read [math-learn] Re: Transforming formulas
Moti
1/31/07
Read Re: [math-learn] Re: Transforming formulas
Paul A. Tanner III
1/31/07
Read Re: [math-learn] Re: Transforming formulas
timotha@comcast.net
2/1/07
Read [math-learn] Re: Transforming formulas
Moti
2/1/07
Read [math-learn] Re: Transforming formulas
Antonija Horvatek
2/1/07
Read Re: [math-learn] Re: Transforming formulas
John Clement
2/2/07
Read Re: [math-learn] Re: Transforming formulas
timotha@comcast.net
2/2/07
Read RE: [math-learn] Re: Transforming formulas
John Clement
2/2/07
Read Re: [math-learn] Re: Transforming formulas
timotha@comcast.net
2/2/07
Read [math-learn] Re: Transforming formulas
Moti
2/2/07
Read Re: [math-learn] Re: Transforming formulas
Paul A. Tanner III
2/3/07
Read [math-learn] Re: Transforming formulas
Moti
2/3/07
Read [math-learn] Thinking logially [was: Transforming formulas]
John Clement
2/5/07
Read [math-learn] Re: Thinking logially [was: Transforming formulas]
Moti
2/5/07
Read [math-learn] Re: Thinking logially [was: Transforming formulas]
Ed Wall
2/8/07
Read Re: [math-learn] "22 Game": pick 3-digit #,
add up 6 permutations of 2 digits. divide by sum of digits of 3-digit #, = 22
John Morse
2/4/07
Read Re: [math-learn] Re: Transforming formulas
Paul A. Tanner III
2/5/07
Read [math-learn] Re: Transforming formulas
Moti Levi
2/4/07
Read [math-learn] Re: Transforming formulas
Antonija Horvatek
2/2/07
Read Re: [math-learn] Re: Transforming formulas
Ralph A. Raimi
2/3/07
Read [math-learn] Re: Transforming formulas
Moti
2/3/07
Read Re: [math-learn] Re: Transforming formulas
Ralph A. Raimi
2/4/07
Read [math-learn] Re: Transforming formulas
Moti
2/4/07
Read Re: [math-learn] Re: Transforming formulas
Ralph A. Raimi
2/5/07
Read [math-learn] Terminology (was Transforming formulas)
Alva
2/5/07
Read [math-learn] Re: Terminology (was Transforming formulas)
Moti Levi
2/5/07
[...]
Jerome Epstein
2/19/07
Read [math-learn] Re: Transforming formulas
Jon Wilson
1/30/07