The Math Forum

Topic: Can the Lobachevsky plane be embedded into R^3 ?
Replies: 26   Last Post: Mar 28, 2007 4:03 PM

Denis Feldmann

Re: Can the Lobachevsky plane be embedded into R^3 ?

Hero a écrit :
> Denis Feldmann wrote:
>> Hero a écrit :

>>> You can read in Wiki:
>
>> Do you realize at what level the answer was posted ? Thanks for
>> reminding us all basic truths, and insisting on your misconceptions...
>> It was *still* irrelevant (nonsense, I would not have been so harsh on
>> first posting, but now...)
>>

>>> ,,Lobachevsky would instead develop a geometry in which the fifth
>>> postulate was not true
>>> Lobachevsky replaced Euclid's parallel postulate with the postulate
>>> that there is more than one parallel line through any given point; a
>>> famous consequence is that the sum of angles in a triangle must be
>>> less than 180 degrees. ,,
>>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nicolai_Ivanovich_Lobachevsky

>> Somehow, I had missed that. Who is that guy again?
>
> Here is that guy Lobachevsky:
> Geometrical researches on the theory of parallels
> http://www.hti.umich.edu/cgi/t/text/text-idx?c=umhistmath;idno=AAN2339

> Lower level of completely irrelevant nonsense...
>

>> Was Euclid wrong,
>> after all?

> Lobachevsky says, that he was wrong. What is Your answer?

My answer is that you are not only incompetent in the kind of
mathematics involved, but also at recognizing sarcasm...

> With friendly greetings
> Hero

Date Subject Author
3/5/07
Read Can the Lobachevsky plane be embedded into R^3 ?
ksp4@msiu.ru
3/6/07
Read Re: Can the Lobachevsky plane be embedded into R^3 ?
Hero
3/11/07
Read Re: Can the Lobachevsky plane be embedded into R^3 ?
Thomas Mautsch
3/12/07
Read Re: Can the Lobachevsky plane be embedded into R^3 ?
Hero
3/12/07
Read Re: Can the Lobachevsky plane be embedded into R^3 ?
Denis Feldmann
3/12/07
Read Re: Can the Lobachevsky plane be embedded into R^3 ?
Hero
3/15/07
Read Re: Can the Lobachevsky plane be embedded into R^3 ?
Hero
3/15/07
Read Re: Can the Lobachevsky plane be embedded into R^3 ?
Rainer Rosenthal
3/15/07
Read Re: Can the Lobachevsky plane be embedded into R^3 ?
Hero
3/15/07
Read Re: Can the Lobachevsky plane be embedded into R^3 ?
Denis Feldmann
3/15/07
Read Re: Can the Lobachevsky plane be embedded into R^3 ?
Rainer Rosenthal
3/15/07
Read Re: Can the Lobachevsky plane be embedded into R^3 ?
Hero
3/15/07
Read Re: Can the Lobachevsky plane be embedded into R^3 ?
David Bernier
3/16/07
Read Re: Can the Lobachevsky plane be embedded into R^3 ?
Hero
3/15/07
Read Re: Can the Lobachevsky plane be embedded into R^3 ?
Denis Feldmann
3/15/07
Read Re: Can the Lobachevsky plane be embedded into R^3 ?
Rainer Rosenthal
3/15/07
Read Re: Can the Lobachevsky plane be embedded into R^3 ?
Hero
3/15/07
Read Re: Can the Lobachevsky plane be embedded into R^3 ?
Denis Feldmann
3/15/07
Read Re: Can the Lobachevsky plane be embedded into R^3 ?
David Bernier
3/16/07
Read Re: Can the Lobachevsky plane be embedded into R^3 ?
narasimham
3/17/07
Read Re: Can the Lobachevsky plane be embedded into R^3 ?
narasimham
3/17/07
Read Re: Can the Lobachevsky plane be embedded into R^3 ?
narasimham
3/17/07
Read Re: Can the Lobachevsky plane be embedded into R^3 ?
narasimham
3/18/07
Read Re: Can the Lobachevsky plane be embedded into R^3 ?
Thomas Mautsch
3/28/07
Read Re: Can the Lobachevsky plane be embedded into R^3 ?
narasimham
3/28/07
Read Re: Can the Lobachevsky plane be embedded into R^3 ?-
JEMebius
3/28/07
Read Re: Can the Lobachevsky plane be embedded into R^3 ?
Chan-Ho Suh