Topic: Famous Mathematica 5.0 not working with Mathematica 6?
Replies: 8   Last Post: Jan 25, 2013 12:39 PM

Jean-Marc Gulliet

Re: Famous Mathematica 5.0 not working with Mathematica 6?

Anonymous wrote:
> Hello. I am performing an evaluation of Mathematica 6 with the demo
> version on both Windows XP 32 bits and OS X 10.4.9. However both crash
> when evaluating the famous Karl's Mathematica benchmark:
> http://www2.staff.fh-vorarlberg.ac.at/~ku/karl/timings50.html
>
> Did anyone experience the same thing? Have you got any suggestion?
> Thank you.

Hi,

I have just made some tests on my system (Windows XP SP2, Pentium IV
HT2.6 GHz, 1 Go RAM) with 5.2 ans 6.0. As expected, Karl's notebook
works fine with 5.2 (using less than 100 Mo of RAM); however, testing
6.0 results in consuming all of the available memory (I killed the
kernel after it had eating up 1.8 Go).

Regards,
Jean-Marc