The Math Forum

Topic: Re: Math B #30
Replies: 21   Last Post: Jul 24, 2007 11:34 AM

Evan Romer

Re: Math B #30

I agree that students should be able to tell the min without a
calculator. But in this case we felt that the first question was
ambiguous: does it mean the minimum for all times, or the minimum from
1970 to 2000? If it's the latter, then 29.464 is correct (in degree
mode). (As the question was intended, in radian mode, there is no
ambiguity in the question because under either interpretation the min
is 10.)

-- Evan Romer
Susquehanna Valley HS