Topic: Seeking the fastest quadruple precision numericla package...
Replies: 27   Last Post: Aug 29, 2007 10:00 PM

Bart

Re: Seeking the fastest quadruple precision numericla package...

On 2007-07-04, Vista <abc@gmai.com> wrote:

> I have some computation and simulation which need quadruple precision. I
> mean, the double precision is not enough, while high precision such as 1000
> digits is not needed, and that's too slow. I guess quadruple precision
> exactly fits my problem and should be much faster than double precision.
>
> Could anybody tell me if MS Visual C++, or Intel C, Intel Fortran have
> already got quadruple precision in them and they are fully supported on
> Intel based cpus? I guess Intel Fortran has quadruple precision, but since I
> prefer C/C++ so my first choices are within C/C++ languages.

I can confirm that the Intel Fortran Compiler 10.0 supports
quadruple precision, see

http://www.intel.com/cd/software/products/asmo-na/eng/compilers/flin/282048.htm#features

-> search for the string 'quadruple' on this page.

Best wishes,
Bart

--

Date Subject Author
7/3/07
7/3/07
Read Re: Seeking the fastest quadruple precision numericla package...
Vista
7/3/07
Read Re: Seeking the fastest quadruple precision numericla package...
mecej4
7/4/07
Read Re: Seeking the fastest quadruple precision numericla package...
Thad Smith
7/4/07
Read Re: Seeking the fastest quadruple precision numericla package...
Vista
7/6/07
Read Re: Seeking the fastest quadruple precision numericla package...
Thad Smith
7/4/07
Read Re: Seeking the fastest quadruple precision numericla package...
Michael Jørgensen
7/4/07
Read Re: Seeking the fastest quadruple precision numericla package...
Bart
7/4/07
Read Re: Seeking the fastest quadruple precision numericla package...
Vista
7/4/07
Read Re: Seeking the fastest quadruple precision numericla package...
Gene
7/4/07
Read Re: Seeking the fastest quadruple precision numericla package...
Bart
7/4/07
Read Re: Seeking the fastest quadruple precision numericla package...
Timo Nieminen
7/4/07
Read Re: Seeking the fastest quadruple precision numericla package...
Dann Corbit
7/4/07
Read Re: Seeking the fastest quadruple precision numericla package...
David C. Ullrich
7/4/07
Read Re: Seeking the fastest quadruple precision numericla package...
Vista
7/6/07
Read Re: Seeking the fastest quadruple precision numericla package...
Chip Eastham
7/4/07
Read Re: Seeking the fastest quadruple precision numericla package...
Timo Nieminen
7/4/07
Read Re: Seeking the fastest quadruple precision numericla package...
Uncle Al
7/4/07
Read Re: Seeking the fastest quadruple precision numericla package...
Vista
7/4/07
Read Re: Seeking the fastest quadruple precision numericla package...
BRG
7/4/07
Read Re: Seeking the fastest quadruple precision numericla package...
Thomas Dean
7/23/07
Read Re: Seeking the fastest quadruple precision numericla package...
bradguth@gmail.com
7/23/07
Read Re: Seeking the fastest quadruple precision numericla package...
hanson
7/31/07
Read Re: Seeking the fastest quadruple precision numericla package...
rabiya.bouty
7/31/07
Read Re: Seeking the fastest quadruple precision numericla package...
rabiya.bouty
7/31/07
Read Re: Seeking the fastest quadruple precision numericla package...
bradguth@gmail.com
8/29/07
Read Re: Seeking the fastest quadruple precision numericla package...
Randy Poe