Topic: Math Forum and the math-teach discussion
Replies: 43   Last Post: Jul 25, 2007 9:08 AM

Michael Paul Goldenberg

From: Ann Arbor, MI
Registered: 12/3/04
Re: Math Forum and the math-teach discussion

Vocabulary lesson de jour:

bigot |?big?t|
noun
a person who is bigoted : religious bigots. See note at zealot .
ORIGIN late 16th cent.(denoting a superstitious religious hypocrite):
from French, of unknown origin.

Thesaurus

bigot
noun
he was denounced as an anti-Catholic bigot chauvinist, partisan,
sectarian; racist, sexist, homophobe, dogmatist, jingoist. See note
at zealot .

On Jul 23, 2007, at 8:27 AM, Edmond David wrote:

> Wayne Posted: Jul 23, 2007 12:14 AM
>> Thanks Michael, reviewing these old posts has been fun.
>> It is obvious that my "accusations of racism" were
>> nothing more than pointing out implications of
>> unintended consequences of race-based (and sex-based)
>> decision-making in mathematics education.

> Yes, it is perfectly obvious.
>

>> Justice Roberts said it beautifully, "the best way to
>> stop racial discrimination is to stop discriminating on
>> the basis of race."

> And this is perfectly obvious, too. Wayne, you should not feel
> the need to spend too much time and energy rebutting the
> irrelevant. The preposterous can be ignored, altogether.

"If you wanna play blind man, then go walk with a Shepherd. But me,
my eyes are wide fxxxxn' open." Jules, PULP FICTION

Date Subject Author
7/21/07
Read Math Forum and the math-teach discussion
Stephen Weimar
7/21/07
Read Re: Math Forum and the math-teach discussion
Richard Strausz
7/21/07
Read Re: Math Forum and the math-teach discussion
Michael Paul Goldenberg
7/21/07
Read Re: Math Forum and the math-teach discussion
Stephen Weimar
7/21/07
Read Re: Math Forum and the math-teach discussion
Greg Goodknight
7/21/07
Read Re: Math Forum and the math-teach discussion
Bishop, Wayne
7/21/07
Read Re: Math Forum and the math-teach discussion
Michael Paul Goldenberg
7/21/07
Read Re: Math Forum and the math-teach discussion
Kirby Urner
7/23/07
Read Re: Math Forum and the math-teach discussion
r!chard tchen
7/24/07
Read Re: Math Forum and the math-teach discussion
Joe Obrycki
7/24/07
Read Re: Math Forum and the math-teach discussion
Greg Goodknight
7/25/07
Read Re: Math Forum and the math-teach discussion
Bonnie
7/21/07
Read Re: Math Forum and the math-teach discussion
Domenico Rosa
7/21/07
Read Re: Math Forum and the math-teach discussion
Michael Paul Goldenberg
7/21/07
Read Re: Math Forum and the math-teach discussion
Greg Goodknight
7/21/07
Read Re: Math Forum and the math-teach discussion
Michael Paul Goldenberg
7/21/07
Read Re: Math Forum and the math-teach discussion
Anna Roys
7/21/07
Read Re: Math Forum and the math-teach discussion
Kirby Urner
7/21/07
Read Re: Math Forum and the math-teach discussion
Haim
7/21/07
Read Re: Math Forum and the math-teach discussion
Anna Roys
7/22/07
Read Re: Math Forum and the math-teach discussion
Greg Goodknight
7/21/07
Read Re: Math Forum and the math-teach discussion
Jim Wysocki
[...]
June Lester
7/22/07