Topic: Math Forum and the math-teach discussion
Replies: 43   Last Post: Jul 25, 2007 9:08 AM

Michael Paul Goldenberg

From: Ann Arbor, MI
Registered: 12/3/04
Re: Math Forum and the math-teach discussion

I'm guessing that Ed doesn't like my definitions, which I took from
the dictionary that comes with Mac computers. Maybe the ones he uses
are better. I just never CAN seem to make Ed happy, and sad though
that is, I have to bumble along doing the best I can, in spite of his
dissatisfaction.

I'm wondering, though: where is the "offensive language" or "personal
attack" in what I wrote? Or is Ed suggesting that I had someone in
particular in mind when I offered today's vocabulary word? That would
be a disputable interpretation, I fear. I named no one. I just felt
that some people on this list didn't seem to know what that word
meant and that a refresher would be timely.

On Jul 23, 2007, at 2:50 PM, Edmond David wrote:

> Stephen Weimar Posted: Jul 21, 2007 10:00 AM
>>
>> Occasionally there are exchanges on this list that
>> contain personal attacks and offensive language that
>> keep many people from reading, participating, and
>> recommending it and, unfortunately, often reflect
>> poorly on the Math Forum as well. We have received
>> requests over the years to remove posts and users and
>> more closely supervise the list. We apologize for not
>> being able to play a more effective role in supporting
>> the list.

> MICHAEL PAUL GOLDENBERG

>> Vocabulary lesson de jour:
>>
>> bigot |?big?t|
>> noun
>> a person who is bigoted : religious bigots. See note at
>> zealot .
>> ORIGIN late 16th cent.(denoting a superstitious
>> religious hypocrite):
>> from French, of unknown origin.

> Edmond David Posted: Jul 21, 2007 5:12 PM

>> Solve him and you have solved your problem.

Date Subject Author
7/21/07
Read Math Forum and the math-teach discussion
Stephen Weimar
7/21/07
Read Re: Math Forum and the math-teach discussion
Richard Strausz
7/21/07
Read Re: Math Forum and the math-teach discussion
Michael Paul Goldenberg
7/21/07
Read Re: Math Forum and the math-teach discussion
Stephen Weimar
7/21/07
Read Re: Math Forum and the math-teach discussion
Greg Goodknight
7/21/07
Read Re: Math Forum and the math-teach discussion
Bishop, Wayne
7/21/07
Read Re: Math Forum and the math-teach discussion
Michael Paul Goldenberg
7/21/07
Read Re: Math Forum and the math-teach discussion
Kirby Urner
7/23/07
Read Re: Math Forum and the math-teach discussion
r!chard tchen
7/24/07
Read Re: Math Forum and the math-teach discussion
Joe Obrycki
7/24/07
Read Re: Math Forum and the math-teach discussion
Greg Goodknight
7/25/07
Read Re: Math Forum and the math-teach discussion
Bonnie
7/21/07
Read Re: Math Forum and the math-teach discussion
Domenico Rosa
7/21/07
Read Re: Math Forum and the math-teach discussion
Michael Paul Goldenberg
7/21/07
Read Re: Math Forum and the math-teach discussion
Greg Goodknight
7/21/07
Read Re: Math Forum and the math-teach discussion
Michael Paul Goldenberg
7/21/07
Read Re: Math Forum and the math-teach discussion
Anna Roys
7/21/07
Read Re: Math Forum and the math-teach discussion
Kirby Urner
7/21/07
Read Re: Math Forum and the math-teach discussion
Haim
7/21/07
Read Re: Math Forum and the math-teach discussion
Anna Roys
7/22/07
Read Re: Math Forum and the math-teach discussion
Greg Goodknight
7/21/07
Read Re: Math Forum and the math-teach discussion
Jim Wysocki
[...]
June Lester
7/22/07